What's new

Shall we try HT5 again?

Mike

Maximum Pace
Sep 24, 2007
Anyone interested in this fast paced brutal assault on Mikuni Toge? Starting at Odawara station, we'll go over Ashigara, then ascend Mikuni Toge, do a lap of Yamanaka ko, then hit R413 and do another small climb up R24 (Douzaka Toge), return to R413 and head home.

The course is about 110km with 2 small climbs and one MONSTER. Stats for Mikuni Toge -
Ascent 656m
Distance 6.5km
Average Gradient 10.2% :(

I'll be riding home to Hon Atsugi so by the time I get back it'll be about 150km. Ascent about 2000m, very close to the Giro de Hotaka (2080m) so should be a good training ride.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/andorra/guuuu/563856128241

Meet at Odawara Station, say 9am roll out??? I hope it's not just gonna be me:confused:

Looks interesting and challenging, but I am not sure if I can join you this time. Things might clear up a bit until week-end, but with low probability...

Thanks for replying Sergey. I really hope your work clears up so you can join us, or maybe just me? Deej is a definite possibility. Thomas? Tom? Pucci? Lee? Any other takers? Philip, this could be the return you need:D

Hi Mike,

I would love to have another shot at Mikuni as well, but my old mate is back in town from Friday so the weekend is going to a bit of a beer session.

Have a good ride

Lee

Sports Festival

Kid's sports festival on Saturday, so no riding for me. Sunday is a possibility.

Aaron

So it's looking like I'm going solo:(. Deej, any news from the fam?

Sunday?

I may go if it will be on Sunday.

Just gotta check with the other half's plans for the weekend first.

Cheers,

Keren

Can't do Saturday

Keren, having spoken with Mike earlier, I'm pretty sure this ride is for Saturday. No chance for Saturday?

Deej

Hi Deej,

Nope, I can't do Saturday as I have already committed to training with NFCC. (Very fast French blokes) Big no big deal if I can't, will do Oi-futo on Sunday instead.

Keren

Mike . . .

I am back in training :) This weekend will be my first long ride in . . . months :( I don't want to slow you down and I refuse to take the train - so I will slouch over Matsuhime this weekend. If you want to do something next weekend (Oct 25/26) I would be honored to join you. But no trains.

Philip

Hi Deej,

Nope, I can't do Saturday as I have already committed to training with NFCC. (Very fast French blokes) Big no big deal if I can't, will do Oi-futo on Sunday instead.

Keren

Keren, are you joining Paul and the others for the triathlon training starting at the palace? If yes, whats it like?

Philip

Keren, are you joining Paul and the others for the triathlon training starting at the palace? If yes, whats it like?

Philip

Hi Philip,

Yes, Saturday at 06:30. Only my second time with them, my first was two weeks ago. It was ride at Odaiba (40km), easy run (7km), swim (1.5km). But as they had an OD race at Choshi the following day, I think they took it easy. This Saturday will let me know if this is true. They are hard core and very fast, so I think it will help me get ready for Clearwater.

Keren

Wooohoooo, not just me!

Keren, yeah Deej is right, sorry this is a Saturday ride. Maybe next time? Deej, you beauty! Can't wait fort his one and no doubt the ride will be full of attacks on the climbs. We should definitely practice rotations on the flats and even the start of some of the climbs.

Philip, I also don't really like taking the train with my bike but have recently done a few rides like this. I just use garbage bags and rip em off when I arrive. Esp access to Mikuni is by R246 which I absolutely dispise, so I'm happy to get out of the traffic and away from trucks this way. It's be great if you could join us, but enjoy your ride anyway. If you're free on the 25th/26th we should do that ride on the other thread and stary ovenight. I'm really interested in that one....

No worries.

Next time! As soon as my triathlon season is over I will be free to join some rides.

Cheers,

Keren

Back
Top Bottom