What's new

Today September 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCC

Tokyo Cycling Club
Jun 30, 2013
It is September.

Made this in Excel, and now testing it in Google Spreadsheets.

An embeddable spoke calculator.

Did the La Gallina and Rabassa this summer. Haven ridden lot of mountians in both, France, Italy and Spain the Gallina is one of the toughest. After 8km in turns into a monster! Its horrible. (https://www.strava.com/activities/348593771/segments/8287642919)

Uh I managed to get out today and had to turn around after some dark clouds and massive showers. Was on my way to Takao for the first time to have a look at the Wada Pass - next time maybe.

Anyway, on my way back I thought I could navigate without the GPS and "just" ride along the river... but then suddenly it turns in to gravel, mud, dirt or stops.. Found a couple of good stretches but it is not really perfect. Am I missing something or? Maybe someone got a good tcx file for the Tamagawa river?

The madness can be seen here: https://www.strava.com/activities/382204170

As my back crapped out after my last ride, I have decided to revert to my indoor trainer for a while, as most of the aggravation to my back seems to come from the vibrations from the various bumps and road conditions I encounter. Anyway so I get on my trainer, and realize the reason my power meter was showing some weird readings on my last ride was that the magnet had become loose and was now attached to the crank. So I fixed that up, did a very short session with the time I had left before work. Get off and go to put my bike away and the unscrewing nut on the trainer snaps a lug and then spins free. Great! So now I can't unscrew the rear wheel lock and my bike is stuck on the trainer. Get out the multi grips and have a go. Doesn't budge a mm. On initial glance there seems to be no immediate way to recoil the screw that holds the back wheel in place. I've used it about 20 times.
Cyclops fluid trainer. What a POS.

Sent their support page an email but I think my wife will have a different idea to them as to how to solve the situation and I think it will involve the use of my angle grinder.

On the bright side this could give me the opportunity to upgrade my trainer to one of dem internet zwifty numbers....

@urt It's pretty annoying. Try following the south bank of the Tamagawa a bit more. Something like this river path route up to the Asakawa turnoff, then follow this route along the Asagawa river path and up to Wada.

Wet ride after wet ride.

The forecast lies so well to tempt me into bed early each night. Wake up to heavy rain. Like Groundhog Day. I message my mate. "I'm already riding!" comes the reply. No getting out of it.

Crazy rain this morning. No chance for braking. No chance for cornering. A TT up a slight incline, with a nice headwind. 4 x 13 min hard efforts.

https://www.strava.com/activities/382051625

70 clicks before breakfast. 2 commutes in the rain too.

Cloudy forecast for tomorrow morning. Bet you it rains! Running out of newspaper to stuff my shoes...

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

Last edited:
Init. I have stripped my bike down fully after the last 3 rides in the rain now. Getting a bit long though, now. I can take my Tune rear hub apart, clean it and put it back together in less than 20 minutes now.

@TCC @andywood sounds like you both need a good old dose of bronchitis. It's kept me off the bike for the whole duration of this rain. Hoping they'll both clear up around the same time.

Reactions: TCC
@leicaman, well you know what to do, don't you, you sexy bugger. Meet me in Omiya park round the back of the toilets at midnight...

Been doing some running recently. Seen a few guys out in full running gear on a run in light rain while holding an umbrella. Makes me wonder if I'm doing it wrong - don't want to get my sweat wet. Can't be long until I spot a guy on a carbon bike riding the onekan in light rain with a 500-yen conbini umbrella. Perhaps they've already been spotted on the Arakawa? Need to get a photo of this for lolz, I mean for science.

Can't be long until I spot a guy on a carbon bike riding the onekan in light rain with a 500-yen conbini umbrella. Perhaps they've already been spotted on the Arakawa? Need to get a photo of this for lolz, I mean for science.
Here's someone (I won't name and shame) using a broken umbrella as a parasol and trying to keep up with @ProRaceMechanic. #HTFU
20110723-120037-SOCCIN11-james.jpg

Got a reply from saris (Cycleops), They said they will replace the trainer frame. No questions asked. Send back the old one and they will send a new one. A decent and prompt response from their support. I asked if i can send it to their local supplier as opposed to shipping back to the US or wherever they are from. We'll see how that goes....

did a very short session with the time I had left before work. Get off and go to put my bike away and the unscrewing nut on the trainer snaps a lug and then spins free. Great! So now I can't unscrew the rear wheel lock and my bike is stuck on the trainer. Get out the multi grips and have a go. Doesn't budge a mm. On initial glance there seems to be no immediate way to recoil the screw that holds the back wheel in place. I've used it about 20 times.
Cyclops fluid trainer. What a POS.

Sent their support page an email but I think my wife will have a different idea to them as to how to solve the situation and I think it will involve the use of my angle grinder.

On the bright side this could give me the opportunity to upgrade my trainer to one of dem internet zwifty numbers....

Anyone riding in the Koganei/ Kodaira area at about 1:40?
Thaaaaat was some proper rain!

Bloaker: be careful when feeding those little ones, they grow fast:

Attachments

• three girls.jpg
    three girls.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 27
She is growing like a weed. She is 13 months old and bigger than some babies that are almost 2 years.

Leaving in a hour or so in this rain to get some MTB action in... I figured after Friday's episode in the river, this shouldn't be much worse.
Sticking to the only trail I know that is crushed rock to not do any trail damage.

Road out this morning.... About 3 miles in, my trail was washed away.... Since I was riding solo, I opted to not play shenanigans and just headed back home.

11954578_10153536130297808_5589102803836257257_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom