What's new

SEO Festival 2011 11/27

Edogawakikkoman

Maximum Pace
Jan 14, 2007
Our team as usual are hosting this race at Narita's (Shimofusa ) Friendly Park

Offering some of the best prizes of all races in Japan it's a good one to be in.
The last major event of the year for criteriums except for the JCRC final...

https://jtbsports.jp/events/events-detail.php?id=1259

I'm supposed to go in the 30km event but probably not going to be fit enough.
They won't let me enter the easier races...

■1.シニア/50歳以上・初級者
9:00スタート 距離:12km 定員50名
■2.シニア/50歳以上・中・上級者
9:25スタート 距離:12km 定員50名
■3.クロスバイク/男女・MTB可
9:50スタート 距離:10.5km 定員50名
■4.ロードレディース/上級
9:51スタート 距離:10.5km 定員50名
■5.ロードレディース/(上級以外)
9:52スタート 距離:10.5km 定員50名
■6.中級者/JCRC-B・C相当
10:20スタート 距離:30km 定員50名
■7.上級者/JCRC-S・A相当
11:10スタート 距離:45km 定員50名
■8.キッズ1/(1-2年)
12:20スタート 距離:1.5km 定員40名
■9.キッズ2/(3-4年)
12:30スタート 距離:3km 定員40名
■10.キッズ3/(5-6年)
12:45スタート 距離:4.5km 定員40名
■11.ミルキー/就学前
13:10スタート 距離:200m 定員50名
■12.レース初参加/3組 JCRC-F・X相当
13:20スタート 距離10.5km 定員40名
■13.初級者/3組 JCRC-D・E相当
14:35スタート 距離15km 定員40名

More info:
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/seosmd/20110825

Signed up for this in the 中級者 category under ream name "TCC". Really should have gone with X class equivalent, but 10k is just too short.
Any other takers.

Signed up for this in the 中級者 category under ream name "TCC". Really should have gone with X class equivalent, but 10k is just too short.
Any other takers.

Good luck!
I'm only competitive on that course up to about 20km. The little hill takes too much out of me after that! Came 5th at the SEO festival once but it is very competitive these days.

I probably have to work that day so can't attend... :(

Sergei almost won in 2009 ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd9rmrRj9ZM

Still remember that 2009 race vividly!

Won't enter but I'll probably ride out and watch for part of the day...

Very nice race and the entire atmosphere too! I am still nursing the thought of a revenge comeback, but maybe not this year :warau: I definitely won't bring my carbon bike for this one

Going as a spectator might be a good idea too..

So, I am just about getting excited for my entry in the 30km class.
Although, by now I seriously worry that my new derailleur hanger will arrive in time. In that case, I will hack the chain together at 53x14 and try to singlespeed it so not to forfeit my entry fee.

Is there anybody else attending after all?

Was going to ride out to watch as it's in my backyard, but because the Boso ride got pushed back to this Saturday I had to choose on or the other :(

Good luck with the race, hope the hanger arrives in time.

Actually had to sit this one out due to mechanical.
My hanger arrived at my doorstep, three hours after what would have been my start-time. :mad:

Turned out the only tight chainline I could get was 53x11, which would have made the 30k end in a DNF for sure. So, still without a rear derailleur or chain tensioner, I could only set it to a very sloppy 53x16 with two large sprockets left and right of the 16 for protection against incidental shifts. En-route to the event, found the chain not only noisy, but with slips and stops decided to not risk the race for me and 40 other maniacs more than already and headed back home. (to be greeted by the postman with my hanger:rolleyes:)

Oh, that's unlucky! I didn't realise it was that tight. Otherwise I would have offered one of my derailleurs for rent or even purchase!

UGH
The guy in the video of last year's race who was wearing white went down hard! I think that defines those races though (short circuit crits). You have to be prepared to crash. I think anyone entering a race should have to see that. There is not enough skills development IMO for racing here in Japan. In America you actually get upgrade points to enter the next category for attending these types of things, so most every one does them and what you learn is worth its weight in gold.

I would have to disagree, I think you learn a lot more in a race than you do in a skills camp..... you rreally can't replicate the "Idiot factor" that you see in all races for the very bottom to the very top.... just look at this years Giro!

In fact that crash from last year reminds me a lot of the one Cavendish was involved in earlier in the year.

Back
Top Bottom