What's new

selling to the used cycle and accessory shops

safinator77

Speeding Up
Oct 28, 2012
Hi everybody
was just wondering if anyone has experience selling stuff to the shops that resell here in Tokyo.
Cant remember the names of the shops but there is one in Higashi Ginza and another one in Shinjuku (Okubo ) area that seem quite friendly.
So basically whats the deal - do you just rock in there with the stuff you want to get rid of and they say yet or ne ? (no pun intended)
I have a nitro bar set (x2) and an older san marco saddle plus other odds and ends.
Anybody with experience would be gratefully received -
best regards
safinator77

Sold some stuff to a used parts/bike store and don't expect anything big... I sold a Kona frame for 3,000 JPY. it was in good condition and totally striped down and cleaned/polished.

They buy mega low and sell high.

Sold some stuff to a used parts/bike store and don't expect anything big... I sold a Kona frame for 3,000 JPY. it was in good condition and totally striped down and cleaned/polished.

They buy mega low and sell high.

True dat.

However, they will tend to buy any old tat. Just don't expect to be walking out pockets heavy with cashola.

Cycly is the big chain and I've sold a lot of stuff to them. You just bring your things in and they'll take it off your hands. Like the guys above say, you won't get much; best to view it more as eco-friendly recycling than anything.

Only issue I've had was I couldn't sell a frameset (or complete bike) that I'd bought used here, because it didn't have a registration sticker.

Back
Top Bottom