What's new

Self Introduction - Mike Tsai

Mike Tsai

Warming-Up
Aug 13, 2013
Hi Everyone, I am Mike Tsai from Taichung, Taiwan, where most high-end bikes are manufactured and I am also working in Cycling industry. We "Coolmax" are specialized in design paint job for new models and customize paint jobs if you have any special requests or ideas. Bikes are part of my life and I am happy living with them. Now I am riding a BASSO ASTRA with SRAM Force 10s system. Hope we can get to know each other and discuss a lot about bikes!

Cheers! :)

Hey Mike,

Just had a look at the bikes you do and they are stunning! I can't read Chinese but it also seems you do carbon repair is that correct?

I have a few questions and will send you a private message.

James

kiwisimon I am living in Taiwan but I went to Japan for trip and I love the city and culture. I always dream about riding in Hokkaido in summer time and enjoy beautiful scenery there.

FarEast Don't worry about Chinese. The good thing about bikes is that you can understand through pictures, and we are now establishing a English version blog for international viewers. Yes we have the ability to repair carbon cracks on the frame but we need to study the possibility before we starts repair job. If the frame is sure to be abandoned for safety reasons, we will also report.

Hello and welcome to TCC Mike. It looks like you have quite a nice job for a person who likes bikes. Something a desk jockey like myself can only dream about. Cycling is my medicine to busy tokyo life.
I hope that I can do some touring in Taiwan in the future...

Riding in Taiwan is always a nice experience for foreigners, as we have beauty mountains and great people. Circling Taiwan is just around 7-10 days but you can feel many things.

Riding in Taiwan is always a nice experience for foreigners, as we have beauty mountains and great people. Circling Taiwan is just around 7-10 days but you can feel many things.
I go to Taiwan as often as possible, but haven't cycled there yet. Hoping to take the bike to Hualian sometime in the future after seeing its beauty last year. Perhaps a TCC tour could be organised?

I visited Taiwan a year ago and would love to go back, this time for some cycling.

Taroko National Park looks appealing and especially this HC route:

http://www.strava.com/segments/2713347
Taroko is absolutely stunning, with interesting history too - I recommend seeing Seediq Bale if you're interested (though I think a lot of that was actually filmed in Wulai). I stayed there last year and saw a few cyclists. Some very tough climbing I think, but so worth it I'm sure!

Tim (GSAstuto) climbed it last year.

I first stumbled across it as somebody else's "biggest climb" on Strava, after which I started looking into it. There really aren't many Strava segments with a 3K climb (Haleakala is the only other one that comes to mind).

It must be a considerable temperature drop between sea level and the very top of the climb. This is probably like the 8th stage of Mt Fuji. Tim got caught in pouring rain near 0 C at the top. I'll have to figure out what will be the best season for this.

Other rural parts of Taiwan should be interesting too. Our visit to Jiufen was really memorable.

IMG_3230.JPG

IMG_3193.JPG

IMG_20120820_115727.jpg

IMG_3196.JPG

IMG_3326.JPG

IMG_3343.JPG

IMG_3337.JPG

IMG_3370.JPG

Back
Top Bottom