What's new

Selecting rollers!

Ooops! BTW - if anyone is interested in the OpenSprints kit for rollers - give me a holler. I'm thinking about doing a simple 'network connect' version - so you can just ride a session and then submit it as 'race'.

So -

1) Start OpenSprints
2) Create a 'race'
3) Ride your session as a race
4) Upload
5) Some graphical results accordingly.

Main idea is to cater towards longer sessions.

Future ops:

1) Powertap or SRM TCX
2) Some kind of cheap power sensor as an alternative
3) Somewhat realtime challenges

Ideas?

I knew you forgot one

I think I might actually like riding rollers more than riding outside... there's no climbing and I can get off and eat a sandwhich or drink a beer whenever I want to. hehehe.

Plus I can ride as far and long as I want without having to pedal the extra distance home.

I think I might actually like riding rollers more than riding outside... there's no climbing

Hey, climbing is the best part of cycling! I may be slow at it, but I like it.

Hills are not like a headwind. Yes, they're hard, but afterwards you can say: I started down there, now I'm up here. They build stamina. I'll never forget the joy I felt as I rolled up to the final flat part of the road in front of the shops on Mt Fuji 5th stage :)

I LIKE climbing, but here there's zero flatland, so it's almost all climbing...

I never get a chance to simply enjoy cruising along for a distance at a decen speed, and since it's all climbing it takes far more motivation to really put the mileage and hours in.

Tokyo and Chiba get the weather that lets you cycle all year round, and you can go from flat land to mountains within a reasonable distance, whereas here all we have is Class 3's connected by Class 1's.

The other downside is that descending get's TIRING when you have to ride the brakes all the way down due to the size and quality of the roads.

The other downside is that descending get's TIRING when you have to ride the brakes all the way down due to the size and quality of the roads.

Aww, diddums.

bicycledragchute.jpg

So now I have added standing, no-hands, and one-legged (well, not all at once...) to my roller riding repetoire.

But I think it's wearing my rear tire down pretty fast... it's developed a flat spot in the middle. Oh well.

Sometimes when I get the speed up above 20 or so, I can smell a burning rubber smell.

Also, I still had my reflectors on the wheels, which threw off the balance really badly. While this isn't an issue on the road, I took them off and I suspect this will decrease vibrations and noise at higher speed quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom