What's new

Sekiyado castle / bicycle lane & camping recommendations

Noodles

Cruising
Oct 15, 2019
Hello,

I plan to go from Tokyo to Sekiyado along Edo river. Plan is to ride there by west side and go back by east side;-) If I good see on the map there should be a bicycle lane available all the time?

Also do you have any recommendations about camping in this area? I cannot find anything ;-) Just a good place for tent.

Just done that ride today.
There is a well paved cycling path on each side of the river.
You will have no problem just popping up a tent anywhere along the river.
I've done it many times without a single problem.

I made a comment on Facebook. There are two Michi-no-eki quite close to the castle ruins.You shouldn't have much trouble sleeping there. One of them even seems to have a covered type space you can hide out of view.
I typically bring earplugs when grabbing a night at a michi-no-eki as you don't really know what noise will be made during the night.

Thank you guys for all advices.

For me this is not a problem and I always just set my tent anywhere. However, this time I will ride together with beginner camper ;-)

So real camping place with infrastruce is needed. Sadly there is probably nothing like this. If you have any idea about hostel / hotel / any nice accommodation there I will be greateful :)

Even at apps like Booking/Agoda I cannot find there anything!

Depends of the country, in Japan even Airbnb is good. For China better is Trip app.

I don't think I've ever seen a tent camp site on Booking or Agoda... (not to say they don't exist though...)

I think there is one(campsite) at Mizumoto Park back in Tokyo if you care to research.

Other than that I would just put up a tent around the Sekiyado Castle area......there are water and toilet facilities available around the clock.

Done it loads of times.

Thanks guys, last time I booked hotel but this time I think is time for wild camping ;) However I need to get some more detailed informations.

@Forsbrook
Can you tell me where you usually set a tent for night around Edo river/Sekiyado castle? I mean exactly location where you don't have any problems ;) If possible please send me map marker ;)

Thanks guys, last time I booked hotel but this time I think is time for wild camping ;) However I need to get some more detailed informations.

@Forsbrook
Can you tell me where you usually set a tent for night around Edo river/Sekiyado castle? I mean exactly location where you don't have any problems ;) If possible please send me map marker ;)
I am not joking.

You can literally set up anywhere around the castle.

If you want to be prudent set up a little away from the castle and wait until dark.

There is also a little island that separates the Edogawa from the Tonegawa that is an awesome spot as well though the bathrooms were removed a couple of years ago.I have seen a couple of Japanese camping there recently.

@Forsbrook
4Q2H+R8Q Goka, Ibaraki

Back
Top Bottom