What's new

Sekidobashi(関戸橋) flea market, Oct 15th

kawa

Maximum Pace
Jan 16, 2011
This is just FYI.:)

A flea market for bicycle related goods will be held near Sekidobashi(関戸橋) this Saturday(Oct 15th).
[map]
http://maps.google.co.jp/maps?hl=ja&q=%E9%96%A2%E6%88%B8%E6%A9%8B&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=97094l97094l0l98019l1l1l0l0l0l0l254l254l2-1l1l0&surl=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl
[wikipedia]
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E9%96%A2%E6%88%B8%E6%A9%8B%E3%83%95%E3%83%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%83%9E%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B1%E3%83%83%E3%83%88

It seems like the event starts, or people start gathering, from 6AM and ends around noon.
There is no organizer for this event, so no official information.

This might be an opportunity to find some vintage parts at a reasonable price.
I've not been there so no idea what it's like..:rolleyes:

Sekidobashi Free Flea Market

This Saturday morning...that is...if it doesn't rain :confused:. If plenty of rain, the event will be moved up to the 4th Saturday of this month. Am planning to be there to dump (distress selling :D) un-used/un-needed bicycle related parts like near-brand-new saddles and wheelsets...

Hi Kawa, sorry I opened a thread on the same subject before I noticed yours :eek:. I've been there several times as it is near my place. On sunny days, there tends to be a huge crowd. In recent years, fixies have become more dominant but there is a bit of everything for everybody's liking. Plenty of rare & vintage collectors items too. Planning to be there to dump my saddles and other stuff :D

This is just FYI.:)

A flea market for bicycle related goods will be held near Sekidobashi(関戸橋) this Saturday(Oct 15th).
[map]
http://maps.google.co.jp/maps?hl=ja&q=%E9%96%A2%E6%88%B8%E6%A9%8B&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=97094l97094l0l98019l1l1l0l0l0l0l254l254l2-1l1l0&surl=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl
[wikipedia]
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E9%96%A2%E6%88%B8%E6%A9%8B%E3%83%95%E3%83%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%83%9E%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B1%E3%83%83%E3%83%88

It seems like the event starts, or people start gathering, from 6AM and ends around noon.
There is no organizer for this event, so no official information.

This might be an opportunity to find some vintage parts at a reasonable price.
I've not been there so no idea what it's like..:rolleyes:

Vintage bicycle parts

Yes, Tom, I also plan to go on Saturday morning and will be offering an assortment of only the finest in used, "vintage" bicycle components. I even have some items that are "new old stock" like the too-short carbon seat post that came with my Cervelo frame. I just need to sort through the bin in the garage and clean things up a bit on Friday evening.

I wonder if there is parking nearby ... just in case I decided to bring some larger items and need a car?

Yes, Tom, I also plan to go on Saturday morning and will be offering an assortment of only the finest in used, "vintage" bicycle components. I even have some items that are "new old stock" like the too-short carbon seat post that came with my Cervelo frame. I just need to sort through the bin in the garage and clean things up a bit on Friday evening.

I wonder if there is parking nearby ... just in case I decided to bring some larger items and need a car?

David, there is a parking lot if you head towards Sekidobashi bridge from the Northern side, just before the last appartment complex before the final crossing before the bridge on the left side. About a hundred meters from the fleamarket. Be aware that it fills up early, sometimes fully. I have seen the remarkably wide sidewalk at the mansion utilized for parking before:rolleyes:

re parking - police were cracking down heavily last sale against people parking on the adjoining streets (along apts). suggest finding legit spots by getting there early.

not expecting a large turnout tomorrow looking at the weatherforecast right now :eek:uch: If it's only a light drizzle, there will be some activity right under the bridge but most people will decide to stay in bed and wait for another week....

re parking - police were cracking down heavily last sale against people parking on the adjoining streets (along apts). suggest finding legit spots by getting there early.

At peak time (8 am), arrivers by car get nervous and I've witnessed brawls started right above the bridge in the past. Keep in mind that some of the sellers at Sekidobashi Flea Market are there for serious business and remember, punctures are easier patched up than quarrels !

At peak time (8 am), arrivers by car get nervous and I've witnessed brawls started right above the bridge in the past. Keep in mind that some of the sellers at Sekidobashi Flea Market are there for serious business and remember, punctures are easier patched up than quarrels !

This makes me want to go! :rolleyes:

There are plenty of mentions of this on Google from 2015 so I guess it's still running. It looks like it's on the 3rd Saturday of April and October, and if it rains it's moved up to the 4th Saturday, but apparently some people just set up shop underneath the bridge if it rains:
毎年4月と10月の第3土曜日に東京都府中市住吉町二丁目の関戸橋左岸下流側の河川敷すなわち府中市住吉緑地で開催されている。雨天の際は第4土曜日に順延開催されるが、雨でも少数が橋の下で店を開いている。
I haven't been before but I might cruise down before work and have a gander.

Back
Top Bottom