What's new

Seeking Zipp Wheels in Yokohama/Tokyo Area

Wilier1977

Cruising
Sep 30, 2013
I'm hoping this is in the right forum.

I'm trying to track down where I can buy Zipp Wheels in the Yokohama/Tokyo Area. I've tried Y's Road with no success. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

I think Y's doesn't carry the brand.
Have you tried checking the classified section? I think there were some good priced posted.

Hold your horses @ProRaceMechanic is currently selling a pair of Zip wheels at bargain price 80,000 and they are virtually new. He is a Mechanic for a Japanese Pro Team so often has hardly used kit for sale and as a erm Pro Race Mechanic that also worked for Mavic you can be pretty sure the wheels are in tip top condition.

I might be mistaken but I think crown gear in Kita sando might have some in. I've definitely seen some new enve there but I can't remember if their Zipp are used or not.

Just noticed @FarEast 's post about @ProRaceMechanic 's zipps for sale. I'd definitely have a look at those if I were you. I've only met the guy once but he is a top guy.I had ridden out to Nagano with another member of this forum. One of my spokes decided it didn't want to leave Saitama so it jumped ship and I was left with a very wobbly wheel and 3 days of riding to come. A quick call to @ProRaceMechanic and he met us with a spare front wheel (a fancy linited edition mavic ksyrium) and let me borrow it for the remaining time in Nagano. Sure you can't go wrong getting a set of wheels from him.

They are either sold to someone else or I am buying them, better luck next time.

oops.. I took that zipp wheel from ProRaceMechanic yesterday. :) Indeed he's a good guy.

Zipps are distributed in Japan by Dirtfreak . Jus check their website what's available. Some models are not released in Japan. So, if you want those in particular , then order offshore. Almost any LBS can order from Dirtfreak ,btw, once they have valid acct set up. This goes for SRAM and other parts as well. DF are cool folks. Roll with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom