What's new

Official Ride Seaside to Summit! (August)

omedetou!!

Wow! finally you made it! Big congratulations, Tora-san and Andy:clap:
ゆっくり休んでね。。。

Naomi

Excellent!

Great work Travis and Andy. The story about your epic day was a great read.

K

Thanks again Travis for having the belief to go suggest this adventure and then go out and do it! My blog is added, but its not so different from your own and I left out all the small details.

Sorry for those who couldnt make it on this occasion, it would have been fun to have you join in the ride, but the weather is fickle and it was now or never with the end of the hiking season/other commitments in the next few weeks.

Power gels and some run training/hiking would have set you up for the return leg as well Travis, but there comes a time when enough is enough and the train home was a welcome relief, despite the temptation of descending Doshi michi in the dark - but that really would have been crazy.

Perhaps next year a swim from Zushi to Enoshima, pick up the bikes and cycle over Yabitsu toge before joining the Doshi michi? :eek:

Thats a joke by the way, unless your name is Philip.

Awesome report! I'm tempted to try this weekend or next if anyone else is interested. Though will be a very constant velocity version (fg). 'Fixed-to-Fuji' (singlespeeds ok! and/or locked derailleur)

Awesome report! I'm tempted to try this weekend or next if anyone else is interested. Though will be a very constant velocity version (fg). 'Fixed-to-Fuji' (singlespeeds ok! and/or locked derailleur)

What gearing are you planning on running for that? Don't think my 36X 12 will do.

I have to work this weekend but if you end up pushing it to the weekend of the 11/12th, I'd love to join!

Though, only if I can use all my gears. :p
(maybe my penalty can be my youth? gender? lack of race experience? .... ?)

Pretty flexible on date(s) - I'm still recovering from a torn muscle, so while I could do it this weekend - might be better to get another few days recovery under the belt. As for gear - we rode this (Tokyo -> Kawaguchi -> Funride ) in a 42/20. I'm debating to flip/flop cause going out there was slow due to the flat land spinning, and the climbs were a bit rough mashing up, but definitely doable (James and I both finished the Funride under an hour) For max energy conservation for the climb after 5th station, I'm guessing I'll ride a 44/22 and a 44/17 or 18 for the flats and descent. Chasing down Sergey and Keren on the way out there last time was the hardest part, actually. And the descent from 5th station was pretty brutal, so I can only imagine how it will feel after doing the mountain climb. Oh well, that's why we need the sticks, I guess!

Back
Top Bottom