Ride Searching for rides in the mountains

Apr 14, 2019
Hello All,

I was wondering whether there are people who are planning to do cycling trips to the mountains near Tokyo in the upcoming weekends. Coming from the flat Netherlands, I am super excited to cycle the Japanese Alps.

Lili

luka

Maximum Pace
Jan 13, 2015
welcome @Lili Hocke sure there are rides to the hills and mountains around Tokyo, but not sure if Alps can be done as a single day trip tho. I'm in northern part of town, and the most natural way for me is to follow the river Arakawa to the hills in the Saitama/Gunma area. people further down south or west, tend to gravitate to the Tanzawa area, and Kanagawa/Yamanashi direction. follow the rides posts here (tho I'm personally gonna be in Europe for the next month or so) I'm sure there's gonna be more now it's warmed up and all

TokyoLiving

Maximum Pace
Dec 9, 2015
Hi Lili,

Welcome. I will be posting a Sunday ride to the surrounding mountains of Tokyo. Keep an eye on the sight later in the week.

TokyoLiving

Maximum Pace
Dec 9, 2015
Hi Looks like we are doing a pretty epic ride on Sunday. I am going with a buddy to ride Fuji Five lakes. It is a 4:30 am train start time and back late afternoon. Sorry usually post rides in and around the Tokyo area.

Apr 14, 2019
Hi Looks like we are doing a pretty epic ride on Sunday. I am going with a buddy to ride Fuji Five lakes. It is a 4:30 am train start time and back late afternoon. Sorry usually post rides in and around the Tokyo area.
Oh wow this is super early but if it is worth it I would love to join. Do you by any chance have a strava link for the route and the average speed you two are normally cycling? Then I can see whether I think I can master this at 4:30 and will not hold you back too much ;)