What's new
  • Dear valued Members,

we kindly ask you to post/repost your classified ads to our new Classifieds section. This subforum is now in read-only status. If you still have active ads, repost them to the new Classified section.

Please submit multiple items seperately: one entry for each item you'd like to post.

Thank you!

Solved Save me, get me on wheels again!

cosme

Cruising
Jan 11, 2020
Dear Tokyo cycling club community,
I arrived in Japan late december this year to be a ski instructor.
The idea was teaching during 3 months and enjoy some powder snow, visit Japan during one more month and come back to europe where my beloved bikes are waiting for me!

Because of our well known virus, the ski season ended earlier than expected and I can not come back to Europe. I'm happy to be here, situation is way worst in Europe and it gives me time to enjoy Japan.
The MAJOR problem is I haven't been riding for more than 4 months and I feel terrible about it! Even more when I see all these little back roads and steep mountains climbs... lovely!

As the ski season didn't bring the money expected and Japan life is quite expensive, I have a low budget for this bike...
IF SOMEONE HAS A ROAD, CX, TOURING, MOUNTAIN BIKE IN 58CM THAT I COULD LONG-TERM RENT/BUY, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!
I have been a bike mechanic in Europe so if it's only an old frameset I could assemble parts and build it maybe...

Thanks in advance for your answers, can't wait to cycle japanese roads!

Cosme

Last edited by a moderator:
@thomas may have a frameset laying around he would sell.

I have this up for sale...

Also a deal on a true road bike - provided @TheAussieinJapan hasn't changed his mind.

If he hasn't changed his mind, but you want my bike for the off road games - buy his and trade me.... :D

I have this one listed in the (old) classifieds:

And I believe this frame should be somewhere in the attic:

full

Size 60, frame and a few components.

@bloaker thanks you for answering, I saw your Vassago and it would actually be perfect, it's the kind ok bike I like to ride, I have a cross check and a fairlight Secan back home.
The main problem is the $$$, I can really not invest that much money right now sadly! You would not rent it long term by any chance?!

@bloaker thanks you for answering, I saw your Vassago and it would actually be perfect, it's the kind ok bike I like to ride, I have a cross check and a fairlight Secan back home.
The main problem is the $$$, I can really not invest that much money right now sadly! You would not rent it long term by any chance?!
It is still in use right now. So not really looking to temporarily part with it.
Selling it outright allows me to move on and end up with another unnecessary bike! :D

Hi Cosme.
My bike is cheap! It's a 56. It's got a compact 50-34 and 11-32 on the back and will climb anything. As a discount, I'll pay the postage.

Hey guys!
Thanks a lot for your answers and offers, I bought the cannondale optimo from @Preston Page last week and rode it from Tokyo to Itoigawa. (and the Boardman from @thomas for a friend, thanks guys!)
It's so nice to hit the road again, and it's a good bike.... But I'd like something with eyelets and bigger tyres, so if anybody is into a swap, let me know!

Cheers,

Cosme

Back
Top Bottom