What's new

Saturday Oct 20

j-sworks

Maximum Pace
Feb 5, 2012
Riding this route again,

Meeting at Takao station and climbing Tomin no mori via Takao and Hinohara, this is a nice ride with a fair bit of climbing. All climbs are WATT and there are two climbs that are "big", but there are several others throughout the route.

If you want to do some climbing and enjoy a great ride with quite tree-lined streets then this the ride, and some lunch at Tomin no mori then please join!

Meet: Takao station east exit 8am
Route: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1606946
Profile: 86km (takao - musashitsukaiichi)
Elevation gain: 3,200 according to Garmin connect (I think it's more like 2,200)

Josh, I would love to make this one, but I have 20k run planned for the weekend, which will be my first LSD run since the accident. I might be up for a ride on Monday, though.
Cheers,

Josh, I would love to make this one, but I have 20k run planned for the weekend, which will be my first LSD run since the accident. I might be up for a ride on Monday, though.
Cheers,

Enjoy the run and see you next time

Sounds good, I'll see you on Saturday. Just keep an eye on the weather as there is a typhoon coming and around then.

Also, please pick up a front and rear light as we pass through some tunnels, and you will need all the usual gear for a ride like this. On bike food, hydration, and some spare emergency gear. Don't forget to bring some Japanese money as I will stop at Tomin no mori for lunch prior to heading back down.

I will send you a PM with my contact info.

I brought my cycling gear, water bottle, shoes, pedals, helmets, energy gels, etc. The only thing I didn't bring was my lights but I will try to get some.

Great, and you should be able to pick up lights at Y's road or Nalashima (don't know if I spelled that correctly)

See you on sat.

Josh - I'm hoping to join this ride. Waiting for delivery of a Cuucon bike cover for the train rides, promised today or tomorrow. Plan to take same train, probably from Shinjuku. Will PM you contact details.

http://app.strava.com/athletes/189869

Sounds good Olav, if the rinko (bike bag) is late then you can also just throw some big garbage bags over it.

Aka Dave-style ;)

I will reply to your PM with my details.

Hope to see you on Saturday

I assume we are still on for tomorrow right? Looks like we have some good weather in store to boot!

Guys,

Thanks for the company yesterday it was a great ride, with the exception of the ride-out.

Olav, hope to see you on another TCC ride.

Marcelo, have a safe trip back to SF and hope to see you some time.

Send me a "follow" on Strava

Josh - Thanks for great company and guiding yesterday, I had a fantastic time. Will definitely join more rides...

Back
Top Bottom