What's new

Saturday, May 19th - Kazahari & Nokogiri Loop

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
Takaaki and I will be doing Kazahari Rindo tomorrow, continuing on to do a figure 8 with Nokogiri Toge, returning to Musashi-Itsukaichi Station. It's a shortish ride, but with plenty of climbing including the legendarily tough Kazahari Rindo. Consider yourself warned! :D

INFO:
Meet Time: 8:45am
Meet Place: Musashi-Itsukaichi Station
Climbing: 2500-2800m
Distance: 103km
Route: HERE

Takaaki and I will be taking the train out from Tokyo. For anyone wanting to take the same train, ours is scheduled to arrive on the Musashi-Itsukaichi platform at 8:34am.

I plan to join. I need to suffer for my last ride in Japan. I will load the route in my GPS in case I'm too slow to wait for at the tops of the climbs. I plan to be on the same train but there are a lot of connections....

Thanks,

Joel

I plan to join. I need to suffer for my last ride in Japan. I will load the route in my GPS in case I'm too slow to wait for at the tops of the climbs. I plan to be on the same train but there are a lot of connections....

Thanks,

Joel

Hi Joel, where are you planning on catching the train? What station?

This is the route that comes up on Hyperdia. I'm researching other possibilities:

06:52 YOKOHAMA
JR Yokosuka Line

07:12 MUSASHIKOSUGI
JR Nambu Line Local

07:57 TACHIKAWA
JR Ome Line

08:12 HAIJIMA
JR Itsukaichi Line

08:34 MUSASHIITSUKAICHI

Thanks,

Joel

I'm so glad I'm friends with you. Seriously. You're one of the handful of people who make me feel normal.

I'm happy I could be of service!

This is the route that comes up on Hyperdia. I'm researching other possibilities:

06:52 YOKOHAMA
JR Yokosuka Line

07:12 MUSASHIKOSUGI
JR Nambu Line Local

07:57 TACHIKAWA
JR Ome Line

08:12 HAIJIMA
JR Itsukaichi Line

08:34 MUSASHIITSUKAICHI

Thanks,

Joel

OK, cheers Joel. Takaaki and I will be coming from Ochanomizu so we'll see you at Musashi-Itsukaichi. Taakaki is riding a white Pinarello Dogma and I have a black Cannondale CAAD10. We'll either be just out the gate, or just out the gate and to the left at the bakery.

OK. I'll be dressed in green and blue Quad Cycles kit.

Will you go through Shinjuku?

Joel

Looks like a great ride, Wish I could join, but this weekend I have a full dance card!

Have fun guys!!

Pete, I would love to join this ride, but I have to do some cycling with my wife this weekend in preparation for our cycling trip around Shikoku. I will try to make the next one.

Cheers,

Pete,

This looks to be a good ride -- skipping the flats an going straight into the climbs! I regret that I'm out of Japan this weekend. I hope to make another one of your rides soon.

Tom

Pete and Takaaki-

Thanks so much for today's ride. What a beautiful (and painful) route. For the record, I got to the restaurant at 6:30 and was not the last of party to arrive so I guess I'm not in such big trouble after all.

I hope to visit and ride with you again someday.

Joel

Back
Top Bottom