What's new

Saturday Matsuhime Adventure

Mike

Maximum Pace
Sep 24, 2007
Anyone interested in riding Up R35, climbing Matsuhime and returning via Tsuru Toge and Uenohara?

If you're tempted by this classic route then meet me at The Big Chilli at 9am Saturday July 3rd. Be there or be square:p

p.s. this aint gonna be no cappucino ride. Oh and stating the obvious, but if the weather packs it in I'll be at home on my trainer.

Cheers Mike!
I'll see you at the Big Chilli

praying for no rain weekend :pray:

Sounds good Mike..... waiting to hear back on another ride though so I will let you know tonight.

same

here...will decide by this evening (before 10:00). Expect the roads to be wet - will mount Shimano cheapos on my ti rainbike. By the way, I really like having the RdV at the Red Chili - this is excellent remedy for cutting out all the cappuccino chitchat ! :D

no cappuccino

espresso please.

I sleep early hitting the sack before 10:00...so who's riding on this one?

MIKE ? SERGEY ? JAMES M. ?

It's been a long time since I rode with Mike et al. Really want to do this one - rain or no rain.

Hope to see everyone at the BIG RED CHILI @ 9:00.

Sergey, you're in Fuchu too right? How about a RdV like say at Koremasabashi @ 7:15 maybe ?

Saddle Up gents

espresso please.

I sleep early hitting the sack before 10:00...so who's riding on this one?

MIKE ? SERGEY ? JAMES M. ?

It's been a long time since I rode with Mike et al. Really want to do this one - rain or no rain.

Hope to see everyone at the BIG RED CHILI @ 9:00.

Sergey, you're in Fuchu too right? How about a RdV like say at Koremasabashi @ 7:15 maybe ?

So according to Yahoo weather http://weather.yahoo.co.jp/weather/jp/19/4920/19206/4010013.html it should be cloudy for most of the day. Tom, I'm looking forward to riding with you again, it's been too long my friend. A brisk pace is exactly what I want, hence the no cappucino ride comment. However as it is a big ride I'll need to take a break at the supermarket you introduced me to in Suruhashi? Is this right, the one after turning off R35 and coming off the small climb past The golf club. I say let's stop there for about 20 minutes, refuel and then attack Matsuhime. As this will be our only stop I hope you don't mind the extended break. Sergey you still in? James?

Tom it's cool to have you with us.
I've been thinking about taking train, but will rather meet you at Koremasabashi. See you there at 7:15

Mike see you at the Big Chili.

Riding out&back, possible rain, brisk pace - this is turnining into some kind of ultra-hardcore training :eek:

Great! Will be on top of the bridge Fuchu side. Was thinking of going via Otarumi (aperitif)...7:15 may be a little tight; how about 7:00 instead Sergey?

Tom it's cool to have you with us.
I've been thinking about taking train, but will rather meet you at Koremasabashi. See you there at 7:15

Mike see you at the Big Chili.

Riding out&back, possible rain, brisk pace - this is turnining into some kind of ultra-hardcore training :eek:

Got you

Mike - great idea; let's take a brief stop at the Saruhashi supermarket - the icecubes - as many as you want - are for free there. See you all (James M too I presume !!) tomorrow.

Serguei, thanks!

(Mike - FYI, the small climb past the golf club is called Suzugane-toge)

So according to Yahoo weather http://weather.yahoo.co.jp/weather/jp/19/4920/19206/4010013.html it should be cloudy for most of the day. Tom, I'm looking forward to riding with you again, it's been too long my friend. A brisk pace is exactly what I want, hence the no cappucino ride comment. However as it is a big ride I'll need to take a break at the supermarket you introduced me to in Suruhashi? Is this right, the one after turning off R35 and coming off the small climb past The golf club. I say let's stop there for about 20 minutes, refuel and then attack Matsuhime. As this will be our only stop I hope you don't mind the extended break. Sergey you still in? James?

I'll be coming in with James, so that makes 4 of us:D

Yep I'm in unless there is family obligations but so far so good! Been doing some heavy training this week so if I fall behind leave me to the bears! :D

Out of bed

I hope you are by now James. Family obligations sorted out ??:rolleyes:
I have done no training at all this week - sipping whisky instead - so if I fall behind, leave me to the tengu:confused:.

Yep I'm in unless there is family obligations but so far so good! Been doing some heavy training this week so if I fall behind leave me to the bears! :D

I hope you are by now James. Family obligations sorted out ??:rolleyes:
I have done no training at all this week - sipping whisky instead - so if I fall behind, leave me to the tengu:confused:.

James, Sergey and Tom, thanks for the company today. That was a great day out especially with it being not too hot. I love Matsuhime but popped with around 3km to go and was a wreck until James and I stopped at a covini and refueled. After that we came accross some 'crazies' driving on the road today, I think it must have been the threat of rain or something. Anyway I'm home in one piece and hope the same for you guys too. Thanks again for a brilliant day:D

Guys, many thanks for waiting for me today at the top of Matsuhime and 1 or 2 other places, I was cooked after the training earlier this week. Got home before it came down hard as well!

Great riding and plenty of time to recover before the next race! :D

Total: 226.62 km
Total elevation gain: 4,052 m

Thanks

guys! Super day for me - Mike & Serguei were much too strong for me and I was lucky James had overtrained himself...otherwise I would have been easy prey to the Matsuhime tengu ! In retrospect, 12-23 in the back was not a very wise choice....:eek:

James, you climbed 1,000 meters more than me....not fair pal ;)!!

Very tough ride in a superb company = good training! Thanks, everybody - let's do this again, after a solid block of recovery :)

James, you climbed 1,000 meters more than me....not fair pal ;)!!

I actually kept up somewhat up Tsuru Toge.... and got a few hill climb sprints as well. Although I really am feeling it today.... going for a massage tomorrow or Tuesday as I have the John Wayne walk today.

Very tough ride in a superb company = good training! Thanks, everybody - let's do this again, after a solid block of recovery :)

Good Laughs as well, will not be touching any climbs for the next few days...... 7,000m of climbing in 3 days.....feeling the burn!

Mike.... remember this arse?

img1102p.jpg

This idiot in his K-car decided it would be a great idea to try and hit us with his wing mirrors, at first I thought he was just trying to get past Mike until he cut me up also.

Back
Top Bottom