What's new

Saturday, March 3rd - Ara-Kobu-Yabitsu

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
Continuing our up the Arakawa and arcing southward series... this route builds upon our last couple of rides and adds both distance and elevation. That being said, there are a lot of bailout points along the way.

We'll head up the Arakawa to the Irumagawa were we will head the length of the Irumagawa bicycle path out towards Oume. From Oume we'll continue south past Musashi-Itsukaichi and out to the Kobu Tunnels. Descending from there we'll pass by Fujino & Uenohara, past Sagami-ko on our way to Miyagase-ko. From the lake we'll ascend the northside of Yabitsu Toge and then descend to Hadano for the train back to Tokyo.

As mentioned earlier there are numerous bailout points: Oume, Musashi-Itsukaichi, Fujino. Additionally, depending on the weather and road as well as how the group is feeling, we can make some route alterations to skip Yabitsu and head to Hon-Atsugi if need be.

INFO:
Meet Time: 8:00am
Route: (ROUTE)
Meet Place: Family Mart (HERE)
Distance: 162.5km
Climbing: 1800-2300m

We'll make conbini stops as needed, the first one coming at the 48km mark. Hope to see you there!

This looks insanely intense and insanely painful! I wanna do it! If I can get out of work tomorrow, I will see you there!

Pete,

I am in. Due to other commitments I will bail around the 112 k mark and head east on route 20 to Takao.

See you tomorrow at 8!

Frode

I'll be slow and probably bail but I'll talk to Eric tonight and try to make it I live in Nishi-Tokyo so I may bail at Oume and head back but idk I'll figure it out

Pete,

I am in. Due to other commitments I will bail around the 112 k mark and head east on route 20 to Takao.

See you tomorrow at 8!

Frode

I'll be slow and probably bail but I'll talk to Eric tonight and try to make it I live in Nishi-Tokyo so I may bail at Oume and head back but idk I'll figure it out

Great, see you both in the morning! And, no worries about bailing early. If Alan and Naomi join us, they will be cutting the ride short as well.

I'll be bringing cubex down to the meet point. if we are not there on time we will be coming down the arakawa to meet you guys so we will run into you eventually.

Unfortunately, I have to work this weekend so I won't be able to jion:mad:

also I'll be breaking off at Ome beaucse I have not purchased a rinko bag yet :(

unless someone has a extra :p

Pete,

I am definitely in:) HOWEVER I have an excuse to deny ''punishment long riding'' :hammer: on Girl's Day :eek:
I should be a ladylike lady on Girl's Day rather than a strict rider amid TCC GUYS:warau:

I will bail the same place as Frode, I think :p
Actually, it will be more than 150km in total:confused:

See you tomorrow.

Naomi:)

I'll see how I feel (i.e. am I able to get up) - based on the hills, I'll ride my CX bike - at least it has a few gears - though, will be humping the 33C Schwalbes :) (Pray for snow and mud).

Pete,

I am definitely in:) HOWEVER I have an excuse to deny ''punishment long riding'' :hammer: on Girl's Day :eek:
I should be a ladylike lady on Girl's Day rather than a strict rider amid TCC GUYS:warau:

I will bail the same place as Frode, I think :p
Actually, it will be more than 150km in total:confused:

See you tomorrow.

Naomi:)

I'll see how I feel (i.e. am I able to get up) - based on the hills, I'll ride my CX bike - at least it has a few gears - though, will be humping the 33C Schwalbes :) (Pray for snow and mud).

I might join if I feel genki enough in the morning. Will likely bail out at some point since this will be my first ride in 4 weeks.

Great, look forward to seeing you all in the morning! And, there's no guarantee I'll make it all the way either! :D

Rainy Forecast

I just reloaded the page... and the forecast totally changed. Now it looks like no rain all day. WTF, was that all about? Maybe my browser had the page cached? Anyway to repeat, the weather looks like it should be OK for today.

just got home guys thanks for putting up with me and I had a ton of fun

I'm back, too. 1/2l of lo fat milk + protein and an aspirin. In bed! Maybe a bit too much to chew on with the flu and bronchitis chasing my butt - but it was a ride well done! Thanks again for organizing and leading such a suplerative outing!

just got home guys thanks for putting up with me and I had a ton of fun

I'm back, too. 1/2l of lo fat milk + protein and an aspirin. In bed! Maybe a bit too much to chew on with the flu and bronchitis chasing my butt - but it was a ride well done! Thanks again for organizing and leading such a suplerative outing!

Daniel you did great, you'll build your power and endurance quickly, I'm sure! Tim... take care of yourself, mate! You are my favorite masochist! :p

So after Uenohara, Eugen, Takaaki, Eric and I continued on southward, but due to me lagging behind on a long uphill slope, we missed our planned turn. That being said the alternate route we adlibbed, turned out great! I'm totally knackered!

I ended up with 171.5km ridden and just over 2000m climbed. Here is my GPS data for today: RideWithGPS

Looks like you all had a good ride. Looks like a nice course too. Wish I could have gotten the day off.

Dave

thanks!

another good outing with you all, cheers! special thanks to dear leader for organizing and to others for the backgrounders on honey badger and fresh yeast.

Back
Top Bottom