What's new

Saturday LSD Edogawa

EricinIkebukuro

Speeding Up
Jan 30, 2011
So this is short notice and kind of a long shot but I am going to plan for an early Saturday morning start on a arakawa- Edogawa- tonegawa LSD ride. The forecast says rain at possibly starting around 3 so it will also be a race against the weather. That means no stopping except for 1 short 5-10 minute stop at the castle right before the Edogawa trail becomes tonegawa. If we leave at 8am I estimate about a 5-6 hour ride. According to the current forecast that would end the ride about an hour before the chance of rain increases.

Here's the route
http://j.mp/iC83jc

Meeting place will be the locks on the arakawa cycling road just north of kanana-dori.

Hey mate

I am up for this.

Could I meet you at the 54km point? That is near where I live. I will do the top loop with you, and head off at around the 100km point.

Still trying to regain my strength and this would be a good one to do wit you, if possible.

Cheers

Sounds great! I am not sure when we will get there but I would guess an hour and a half after the meet time give or take a little.

See you Saturday!

Great job, Eric! Regardless the weather do this! And you need about 4 more jus like it :) within next 10days

I'm right on the 48.2km mark but unfortunately have to work... will ride a lot of this course on Monday :D

Hope the weather treats you well.

(and that Northerly wind )

I hope the weather holds out!

So far we have:
Owen
Colin
Me
Maybe Anthony

I'm glad not I'm not doing this alone so I don't have to fight the wind by myself!

Definitely want to try and make it out for this. I have been off the bike for awhile now and this is just the thing to get make back on track. Hopefully having a single speed does not handicap me too much

I will be riding a fixie as well. The course is completely flat the whole way through. All we need to worry about is the wind. But with this decent size group it should be easy drafting.

Unless it dramatically improves I am going to spend my day watching movies, some stretching and a trip to the pool!

Weather is now looking crap for all day tomorrow

Yeah, this isn't looking good.

Monday will be clear though, it seems, and I am off then if you want to ride?

Tomorrow doesn't look any worse than it did yesterday. (where are you guys checking?)

But with this snow/rain going until the late afternoon, could be wet.

I have to join this one with fixed gear, rain or shine...or snow or sleet.
Are you still up for this Eric?

It still a 40% chance like yesterday. Let's say if it gets worse than 50% by 10pm tonight or is raining/snowing tomorrow morning we call it off.

If its raining or snowing then I will hit the gym and get on a stationary bike for about 10 hours and do my homework at the same time.( ̄▽ ̄)

If anyone wants to do this even if it's raining I will go too! I'll find my swim trunks and layer up!

For the record ive decided to go no matter what.
I'll be there at 8 and will wait till 8:15.

If you need help finding the meet point or need to reach me call or text my cell.

080-4437-five five one zero

Bollocks.

I am out.

Off to Sofmap in the morning to get computer parts.

Sorry lads.

Weather like this, means I am straight back to my Amiga500

Monday though!

i've not really done a wet ride.... mostly worried i don't have much wet gear. Just a waterproof top.... suspect that's probably not enough if it is properly raining.....

What do you guys usually wear in the wet? (if you don't mind this mild hijack.... again.... :p ) sorry eric....

:bike:

I care about nothing on a wet ride apart from my wet rims and my wet gears.

Back
Top Bottom