What's new

Ride Saturday June 8th - Tsuru pass

j-sworks

Maximum Pace
Feb 5, 2012
Alright so I am done exams and ready to roll again,

So this will be a medium paced ride with an average of around 24km for the total ride, so sometimes full on but mostly just make it last, and for me to get back into riding distance after a few weeks of shorter rides during studies, enough of that. All climbs will be WATT, so nobody will get dropped. looks like a good ride, and I have done about 50% of the course before and its a nice ride.

Meet: Hino JR station
Time: 8am
Date: Saturday June 8th
What you need: lights for tunnels, on-bike food, be prepared for hot weather, the normal stuff for a long ride.
Distance: 135km
Average speed: 24km (for the entire ride)(30++ on the flats)

Did that last week. Good route. The reservoir level was looking very low, though.

Does that effect my ride negatively?

Thanks for the reply Mike. I've had this in the garmin for too long

Does that effect my ride negatively?

Thanks for the reply Mike. I've had this in the garmin for too long
Well if you are unaware how a low reservoir affects your riding then you must be a super beginner. You obviously wouldn't understand if we explained it to you so we won't bother ;)
Glad to see your exams have finished. Will be good having you out on the rides again soon.

Well if you are unaware how a low reservoir affects your riding then you must be a super beginner. You obviously wouldn't understand if we explained it to you so we won't bother ;)
Glad to see your exams have finished. Will be good having you out on the rides again soon.
Thanks for the vote of confidence, and I plan to be on the next rides :)

Looks like an awesome ride! I'll train it out from the city to meet you guys. I assume I'm looking for the only group of cyclists at the station? :D

Actually, crap, I'm a little worried about time. I'm thinking there's no way I'd be able to be back for my 2pm appointment in the city... Even averaging 30kph it would be tight.

Sent from my SC-06D using Tapatalk 2

Actually, crap, I'm a little worried about time. I'm thinking there's no way I'd be able to be back for my 2pm appointment in the city... Even averaging 30kph it would be tight.

Sent from my SC-06D using Tapatalk 2
It's about a 4.5 hour deal.

Your call

Realized I don't actually have to be back till around 3. If it's going to be less than 5 hours I can definitely make it, I guess I'm back on the train!

Ok so I ran this trough Garmin connect at an average speed of 24km for the entire deal and it seems that you have two choices, you can either stop at Takao JR station on our way back (thats about 4h:41m), or you can go back to Hino JR station (5h:10m) and again that does not include a brief stop for lunch. So it is possible but it would be tight for you to be at say Shinjuku for 3pm.

Back
Top Bottom