What's new

Ride Saturday June 2nd: 170km up the Arakawa and Tone to Gunma

kheegster

Cruising
Mar 5, 2018
Hi all,

I'm planning to do a longish ride out of Senju up the Arakawa River to Gunma this Saturday. After Saitama, we'll join up with the Tone River going past Maebashi into Gunma. Finish at JR Jomo-Kogen to catch the Shinkansen back to Tokyo.

Total distance from Kita-senju is about 170km. First 100km is almost entirely flat but in the last 30km will be a constant gentle climb with a couple of 1km stretches of up to 8-9%.

Route: https://dashboard.hammerhead.io/shared/dyVIyXhv

Tentative plan is to start at 7am at the Arakawa near Kita-Senju (ignore the start point in the map above, which is just my apartment :). I'm planning on a moderate pace of 25-30km/h on flats with breaks every 30-40km and a proper lunch stop. Bike bag would obviously be required to get onto the Shinkansen, and please bring lights in case we get delayed and have to finish after sunset. Train fare from Jomo-kogen station to Tokyo is ¥5,900 so please bring enough money or credit card.

PLEASE RSVP Friday afternoon so I can let you know the exact rendezvous location and send along route details.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom