What's new

Saturday June 23 Tomin no Mori

EricinIkebukuro

Speeding Up
Jan 30, 2011
Hi guys,

I'm thinking about a ride up to tomin no mori and back. Nothing special nothing hard. This would be a great ride for begginers looking to do some climbing. This will be a WATT ride( wait at the top). Pace will be 25-30 on the transit out there. Round trip is about 140km. I may even do this on my fixed gear as well.

Meeting place: Harajuku station south exit( this is the entrance to Meiji shrine)

Date and time: Saturday June 23rd 7:30 am

If the weather report looks bad then I will cancel. If the chance of rain is less than 40% I will go.

We will take route 7 all the way out to musashi itsukaiichi station.

I might join this Eric. Thanks for posting. I wanted something to prepare me a little more for the KOM fiesta the following Saturday. I willl confirm tomorrow.

Eric - I've been wanting to ride Tomin no Mori and would like to join. However, I must work this Saturday. If the weather or other circumstances cause you to shift this to Sunday, I would be keen to join. - Tom

Interested! See you at Harajuku station Saturday morning, hopefully under a descent weather.
Seems like a popular route, but all new to me.
Despite being a Tomin(都民)for all my life, first time to be there as well.

Poss. Poss. Poss. up for this.

Work related, of course.

Just need to find a place I can sleep near Harajuku tomorrow night...

would like to join in.
All depends on I could catch last shinkansen from Nagoya to Tokyo tomorrow.

I will post that I successed or not.

looking forward to it guys!

Hi guys,

I'm thinking about a ride up to tomin no mori and back. Nothing special nothing hard. This would be a great ride for begginers looking to do some climbing. This will be a WATT ride( wait at the top). Pace will be 25-30 on the transit out there. Round trip is about 140km. I may even do this on my fixed gear as well.

Meeting place: Harajuku station south exit( this is the entrance to Meiji shrine)

Date and time: Saturday June 23rd 7:30 am

If the weather report looks bad then I will cancel. If the chance of rain is less than 40% I will go.

We will take route 7 all the way out to musashi itsukaiichi station.

Does this route go past Hachioji, or headed the opposite way?

I'd like to join but I don't have a bike bag thing, and I live in Hino (by tachikawa)

Yeah I just looked it up and I see where this is, it seems like I may be able to meet them on the way.

Eric, could you post a ride map or something? Perhaps I could meet the group as you pass my area --> Hino, tachikawa, tamagawa etc.

Look for route 7 on Google Maps, it's dead simple. Cycle to route 7 in time and wait for Eric (actually, there will be many other cyclists heading out there as Tomin no Mori is a very popular destination, especially on weekends).

Here is the route with the starting point. Sorry for the late reply.
http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/105362085

Owen, Just crash at a bar/pub/love hotel/ manga cafe. I'm sure you could find someone to keep you company if its in shibuya ;)

I believe with a 30km pace we will be at musashi itukaiichi station by about 9:30-9:45

Ok, but how about this 7-11? Its way before that station.

If you are at that 7-11 by 9 I am sure we will see you. I will PM you my cell phone number just in case

That's pretty much what I had worked out as well, and I will send you my details as well.

See you all then,
Josh

Back
Top Bottom