What's new

Ride Saturday June 16th- Route unknown

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
Hi all

Going to be heading out to the Tokigawa area tomorrow morning for a short one. Not got an exact route as of yet but probably going to ride over toward Shiraishi and either do that climb or Takashino/Ono toge. Might stop for pizza depending on how we are doing for time then ride home or you can stop off at Ogawamachi and get the train home.

Out and back will be about 140-150km so nothing too long. Not much climbing either. Most probably less than 1500m. Meeting at 7:45 at the junction of the Arakawa and route 465 (which is about 4km north of the spaceship) here

https://goo.gl/maps/uxuNuTdwtV72

Let me know if you are coming. If a few people are coming, it might be a good idea to meet at the spaceship at 7:30 (although I won't be there cos I live a little north of the spaceship so I'll join near the 463).

Pace will be around 38-40+kph on the flats depending on how we are feeling. Climbs are WATT within reason.

Cheers

Mark

Last edited:
Well, I know how you'll be feeling by the end of the day.... Alas I can't join as I'm off to kindergarten to try and finally graduate.

Pace will be around 38-40+kph on the flats depending on how we are feeling.

Unilaterally decided pace, that.
He's always mad out of the blocks but calms down a bit later on.

I'll be there tomorrow with a clean bike because I just cleaned it and road tyres because I only just took the 35s off. Last week was a bit of a crazy one so looking forward to what we're used to.

Don't be scared off by that pace but it won't be slow either.

(psst: should be Friday, June 16th, or Saturday, June 17th)

Unilaterally decided pace, that.
He's always mad out of the blocks but calms down a bit later on.

I'll be there tomorrow with a clean bike because I just cleaned it and road tyres because I only just took the 35s off. Last week was a bit of a crazy one so looking forward to what we're used to.

Don't be scared off by that pace but it won't be slow either.
Ok, we could lower the pace a little if you want to. @Musashi13 you will be in the front for half of the time.

Had a nice ride out to the top of Shiraishi. Kept it nice and short as I had to be back early. Its not anything like summer yet but the temps were pretty high on Saturday. I think @Musashi13 was feeling the heat somewhat. His cap had salt stains all over it. I had planned to take Shiraishi very easy and managed to let one quick looking guy go past me without giving chase. When a second rather stocky rider fired past, I couldn't resist any longer. I gave chase and caught the stocky guy. He was going so fast that we soon caught up to the fast looking guy. It was pretty evident that the stocky guy would be off the back very soon so I decided to stay with the other guy all the way up the climb. It's always nicer to do a climb with someone, although with all the huffing and puffing he was doing, I'm not sure he appreciated the conversation. Had some problems with the strava segment not catching me as I went past the end of the segment which is a little annoying. We fired back down the river at a nice pace until @Musashi13 started to show signs of fatigue brought on by the heat. Back home nice and early.

Back
Top Bottom