What's new

Ride Saturday July 16th Tama-center westwards

Henrik M. Ronnow

Cruising
Aug 11, 2014
Hi,

I plan taking early morning ride tomorrow saturday 16th of July.
Start from Tama around 5:30am. (can be adjusted if someone joins with other constraints).
General plan is to ride towards lake Yamanakako, but I'm new in the area so not sure how suitable that road is for cycling. I ride around 30-35kmh on the flat. Descend and climb like a sack of potatoes...
Will be making stops, as I'm not used to riding that long.

1) If anyone interested to join, let me know.

2) If anyone has good recommendations for the route, they shall be most welcome.

Thanks
Henrik

General plan is to ride towards lake Yamanakako, but I'm new in the area so not sure how suitable that road is for cycling.
Doshi-michi is fine for cycling. Mostly rolling hills until the last 4 km climbing up to the tunnel, and then whizz down to the lake. There's a bike route all the way around the lake, so you can lasso the lake before coming back (if you're coming back!)

The urban grudge between the end of Onékan (the road on which you live) through Hashimoto and out to the Sagami River is pretty dull and the traffic can be crappy because the roads are narrow. Once you cross the river the traffic basically disappears. There's a nice noodle shop at the side of the road in Ryogoku 両国 - good spot for a break.

Last edited:
Wish I could join you. Our Sunday group rides in that direction often. Saturday's are tough, but if you want to join us on our Sunday rides from next week you are welcome to. We start around between 5:00 and 5:30 depending upon the heat. Our rides start from the west side. Usually three of us. Some drawing on th flats, two out of three of us sr pretty good climbers. (I'm the old codger of the bunch so a little slower).

Anyway we have a thread on here. Let me know if you are interested.

https://tokyocycle.com/bbs/threads/regular-sunday-ride-western-tokyo-suburbs.7003/

This Sunday I'm joining another group as the other two guys are busy. But next Sunday for sure.

Allen is my name by the way.

Dear Allen,
Thanks a lot for the offer on Sunday rides. I saw your thread, but this Sunday have soccer club. I'm only in Tokyo till next Friday this time, but maybe another time.
Henrik

Dear Mike,
Thanks a lot for the route info. Your comment about last 4 clicks and a tunnel was really helpful.
With this in mind I was even happy when it started to kick up.
ATB
H

Back
Top Bottom