What's new

Ride Saturday August 31st or Sunday 1st

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
Hi all
I'll be heading out for a ride either this Saturday or Sunday. I haven't decided which day yet. If I do Saturday I'll be starting at about 6am from the spaceship area. If Sunday then about 5am.
I have two possible routes so I'll lost both

Or

Both rides are just under 170km from the spaceship. Pace will be reasonable but not silly. Climbs will be WATT within reason. I have to be home at a reasonable time so I can't have too many breaks unfortunately.

I'll decide the day and route in the next day or so.
Let me know below of you are interested in coming along.
Cheers

Mark

I'd be interested as well, depending on the day. I think I'll postpone my Oume-Chichibu gravel plan for some drier weekend

I'm in for Saturday. Even if you don't go I'll be heading that way tomorrow.

I'm gonna do this tomorrow, Saturday 31st. I'll be at the spaceship at 6am. Please let me know if you are coming along.

See you there. Not sure I will do the whole thing. See how the legs are feeling tomorrow.

Some serious climbing, 2,000+ meters isn't anything to sneeze at. My legs aren't in shape to do that yet. Have fun!

See you there. Not sure I will do the whole thing. See how the legs are feeling tomorrow.
If no one else is coming from south of me, I'll meet you at my spot at about 6:10 rather than at the spaceship.

Sure that's fine. If it's raining I will be delaying, I'll post up in that case.

I'm guessing we are going to see at least a bit of rain sometime tomorrow so I'd recommend people bring a rain jacket if they have one. Will make the higher mountains much more comfortable if we get caught out up there.

so... how did it go? where r d selfies?

Was a great day on the bike. I met @theBlob along the Arakawa then @stu_kawagoe a little further up the river. We headed up to the Tokigawa area then up the first 1km of Shiraishi before turning right off the climb and heading towards the lake/dam that I don't know the name of. The road has actually been closed for work on the rock face but we skipped over the barriers and had no problems. There were no workers there.
We said bye to @theBlob then carried on as two we followed most of the route until we got to the part where it becomes a figure of 8. We skipped the figure of 8 due to time constraints. The route is a pretty nice intro to rindos with some nice views along the way. Great riding with the guys.

B0C5F1CD-C3D9-4E13-9271-ACDDABDA34FE.jpegF4939A65-E1B9-400C-8CAB-7778859A6638.jpeg3D6264F0-7761-4B75-BEF8-56FE71F58CAE.jpegADFB3880-96E8-4767-A46D-6507FC96FA4C.jpegF2D01441-59E7-444E-9551-3F36A74B290B.jpegEA87A5BB-D8AE-430D-B3E3-5ECC14A42DF7.jpeg

Great day out for me yesterday. The rain largely failed to materialise and the forest roads had that lovely misty quality to them - very sketchy descents mind. Mark's route lived up to its 'Rindonesia' name with multiple shortish climbs to keep the blood pumping. I also got to enjoy 'Protected Status' as Ant and Mark took it pretty easy so I never felt totally overwhelmed by the ride (thanks lads).

Really looking to the next one!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom