What's new

Saturday, August 27th - Tsukuba-san

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
To mix it up, Takaaki-san and I are riding out to Tsukaba-san this coming Saturday. We'll be riding out from Tokyo using the Edogawa, Unga Canal, and some other back roads to try to avoid traffic on the way there. Once we've done Mount Tsukuba we'll ride to Tsukuba Station and take the Tsukuba Express back to Tokyo. Food and breaks will be taken as needed. Don't forget your bike bag.

INFO:
Meet Time: 7:00am
Meet Place: Route #6 & Edogawa (HERE)
Distance: 100-130km

..If I don't kill Takaaki san first tomorrow... hehe!

I have Saturday off, and have not had a chance to go on a long ride since we went to Chichibu for the flat fest, I guess before summer even started.... So sad I did not get a chance to do more riding this summer...

Can you kindly post the rough route? I would like to get a 200KM trip in this summer and this will be the last chance according to my work calendar.... I have a bike bag, now thanks to Lawrence, who gifted one of his to me, he was not happy with.

Any deets on the trip? Super hilly? You said mix it up a bit, so I was wondering what you meant by that.... Is that to justify you are coming back by train and only doing 100k? :)

This is so convenient for me. Count me in plz.
I won't take train to return though:p

I've been to Fudo-pass via Edogawa-Canal-Tonegawa-Kokaigawa, and I'd say it's 100% flat until you reach Tsukuba area.

John, I don't have the whole route plotted out in one place (except in my head), but here is the mountainous part: ROUTE

And the mix it up comment was referring both to the totally different location and the bike bag! :D

pete, are you still in the nezu area? if so maybe I could meet up with you near there to ride out to the start point.

I am very keen and like the early start. Anyone riding out from the Tama River? Fumiki... you thinking of doing this one?

Alternative ride for tomorrow

For ikedawilliams and other fit & trained riders :D, here is tomorrow's ride alternative designed to avoid (if possible at all) the rain (probability much lower in Kanagawa/Miura than in Okutama/Saitama this Saturday).

Will leave from Koremasa bridge (Tamasai near Fuchu) at 6:30 precisely.

* Basically flat course - some climbing as we approach Odawara
* Conbini and other stops will be kept to minimum (i.e. few & short - not a social ride :eek: )
* Brisk (but not race) pace guaranteed
* Many bailout options (bring your parachute :rolleyes:)

:pray: so this is what is meant with "hijacking a thread"...never really understood the expression until I ended up exactly doing it myself...mea culpa.

Hey, get your own thread! Seriously though, have a great ride, mate! :D

Thanks Pete mate :D! Will now try to do that :warau: In the meantime, I'm wishing you a great ride too!

I fell on the ground at the steep and wet slope.
But I'm glad that I didn't get killed by Tim today.:D
See you Tomorrow.

Ah, would have loved to join this, and so close to home as well. But bike still in box and I won't have it built up in time for tomorrow. Hopefully catch the next one.

So - the meeting place is the EXACT latlon you posted? As I'll home in on that! It's roughly 10km from my launchpad - so can be there in about 30min max from the door.

Because of urgent work, I may be unable to join you folks tmoro :(

This ride is on (like Donkey Kong)? I thought everything would be cancelled because of the rain today... Just double checking. The Accuweather forecast does not look so bad.

Back
Top Bottom