What's new

Ride Saturday, April 14th

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
Hi all

(Updated with a route)

Been a long time since I posted a ride but being inspired by @wexford 's ride post, I thought I would post a ride and see if anyone wants to tag along. The route isn't set in stone but will probably be something like this

Meeting at 7:30 at the spaceship (although this can change depending on others). I'll be riding out and back but if you bring a train bag, you can jump on the train in Ogawamachi or anywhere convenient for you.
Climbs will be wait at the top within reason and a decent but not too fast pace on the flats (unless you ride home with me, in which case I might raise the pace a little to drain the battery fully).

Let me know if you can make it

Cheers

Distance - 175km from spaceship return
Elevation gain- around 2500m
Pace- depends on my legs
Climbs - WATT

Last edited:
Awesome. Hard for me to get out that way. Keep posting and someday I will make it when the cat is away.

I'd love to go, if nothing else than to check that route back from Minano towards Ogawa machi - looks so tempting and I've never been around there. But I've been off the bike for a while, lost a lot of fitness and gained a lot of girth so... Just remembered that the non-commuting bike is still only 80% through it's overhaul, so still not rideable this weekend. Gotta wait for some other chance

Hi,
I would like to join you guys on Saturday. I recently moved to Tokyo and want to ride also with some locals. I need to check my study schedule (because normally I have classes on Saturday, I will try to skip it). But I will let you know until tomorrow in the evening. How can I contact you? What do you use, Line, Facebook...?

Hi,
I would like to join you guys on Saturday. I recently moved to Tokyo and want to ride also with some locals. I need to check my study schedule (because normally I have classes on Saturday, I will try to skip it). But I will let you know until tomorrow in the evening. How can I contact you? What do you use, Line, Facebook...?
Hi there
Just contact me on here. If you send me a PM, I will get notified by email so I should notice it pretty soon. Where will you be riding from tomorrow morning?

wher
Hi there
Just contact me on here. If you send me a PM, I will get notified by email so I should notice it pretty soon. Where will you be riding from tomorrow morning?

Hi, I will start near Nishi-Waseda Station in northern Shinjuku, should be something about 45 minutes to get out to the meeting point.With the Spaceship you mean this dam near Asaka or? Is the time to meet still 7:30?

See you tomorrow morning!

Attachments

• SpaceshipAsaka.PNG
    SpaceshipAsaka.PNG
    435 KB · Views: 4
wher

Hi, I will start near Nishi-Waseda Station in northern Shinjuku, should be something about 45 minutes to get out to the meeting point.With the Spaceship you mean this dam near Asaka or? Is the time to meet still 7:30?

See you tomorrow morning!
Yep, that's the place and the meeting time is still 7:30am. Darragh will meet you there at 7:30 and then he and you will ride a few KM north up the river together and I'll meet you both up there. Try not to be late as Darragh will probably only wait about 5 or 10 mins if you are late.
If you have any problems, please post on here as Darragh and I can both check this forum from our phones. See you tomorrow. Btw, what bike will you be riding (so we can recognise you).

Yep, that's the place and the meeting time is still 7:30am. Darragh will meet you there at 7:30 and then he and you will ride a few KM north up the river together and I'll meet you both up there. Try not to be late as Darragh will probably only wait about 5 or 10 mins if you are late.
If you have any problems, please post on here as Darragh and I can both check this forum from our phones. See you tomorrow. Btw, what bike will you be riding (so we can recognise you).

I have a black CUBE mountain bike with road tires on, so it should be easy to spot me ;)
see you!

I have a black CUBE mountain bike with road tires on, so it should be easy to spot me ;)
see you!
It might be a little late to check, but you do realise this is a 175km road ride, yeah? A mountain bike wouldn't be my first choice here.

I must admit, I was a little worried when he posted saying that he would be riding a mountain bike with road tyres. I had visions of some city mountain bike, and him being dropped within the first few Km on the Arakawa. Once we met up, all my fears went out the window. That boy can ride. Great meeting you @LysanderK . Look forward to riding with you again soon.
And always a pleasure @Musashi13

Back
Top Bottom