What's new

Ride Saturday 31 Oct: Nichitsu - Halloween Edition

Andy in Tokyo

Maximum Pace
Dec 16, 2012
Photo 26-10-2015, 23 39 53.jpg

A great ride for this time of year, starting at the Spaceship at 7am on Saturday and ending at Ogawamachi station (though it's possible to end at Seibuchichibu station if you want to cut it short).

It will be nippy in those high mountains, especially when descending, so arm warmers or a long-sleeved jersey and a wind jacket are highly recommended.

A decent front light is a must, as it will most likely be dark by the time we get to Ogawamachi.

Pace will be the usual Saturday speed with climbs WATT, within reason. Lunch will probably be at a 7/11 somewhere to save time.

And I get to meet new people.

Altogether a winning combination.

In other news, I may pull the trigger on one of the Cateye lights @leicaman suggested today and, unsurprisingly, the wife had forgotten I told her I was out all day; fear not, I reminded her without incident.

Also, I'll probably bail at Seibu Chichibu as I need to get back to West Tokyo in good time to watch horror movies with the lass (to avoid conflict!).

In as well...

There a chance I might start at seibu chichibu instead and ride home. I prefer riding in the dark than waking up early anyway.

I'll make the call as to whether to finish at Seibuchichibu or continue to Ogawamachi after the final descent.

I doubt I'd be getting up any later to get the train to Seibuchichibu instead of riding to the spaceship but for science; what time would you plan to arrive to meet those who ride there?

I met up with Mark at 9:15 two weeks ago in chichibu, then he started like 5:30, so starting 7am should make it like 10:30 or even 11am at seibu chichibu or something there abouts @Musashi13

I will be in for the first part. Maybe over the first hill and then train it home from Chichibu or maybe turn around at the first conbini. See how this week goes.

I met up with Mark at 9:15 two weeks ago in chichibu, then he started like 5:30, so starting 7am should make it like 10:30 or even 11am at seibu chichibu or something there abouts @Musashi13
This did include a fair few stops for mechanical problems (actually turned out my chain wasn't lubed) and lots of selfie stops due to the amazing sunlight in the early morning so we might get there a little earlier (although I didn only stop for about 2 mins at the usual family mart ).

Well, that would certainly make a difference to the wake up time. BUT would I ever forgive myself? Not sure I could live with the knowledge that I'd joined part way into the ride. I do so enjoy the beer on the train home, too. I don't have a good enough light to ride home (investment in the future for sure) so maybe get my kms on the way out.

Good for thought, thanks.

Well, that would certainly make a difference to the wake up time. BUT would I ever forgive myself? Not sure I could live with the knowledge that I'd joined part way into the ride. I do so enjoy the beer on the train home, too. I don't have a good enough light to ride home (investment in the future for sure) so maybe get my kms on the way out.

Good for thought, thanks.

You should get the one I just bought! Surely it'd arrive before the ride...

Back
Top Bottom