What's new

Ride Saturday 18th July: Otarumi, Hinazuru, Dozaka & Gando (& Otarumi)

GrantT

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2012
Quick ride out West into the wilds of Doshi via Takao for anyone interested. Two meeting places for maximum flexibility - Yanokuchi Lawson at 6 am or Takao station north exit at 7:15 am. Ride ends via Takao station for bike-bagging home. Route is A++ on scenery. Weather report says cloudy and humid but under 30 degrees. Pace will be swift on the flat, brisk on the false flats, and WATT within reason. Register interest below!

1st Meeting: 6:00 am @ Lawson here
2nd Meeting: 7:15 am @ Takao Station north exit
Climbing: about 2,000 m
Distance: about 120 km from Takao Station to Takao Station
Route here

Sweetness. I've got the prison tunnel dug. I'll be nipping behind the shower wall for a few hours again and will see you on the other side of it at Takao station. I love these prison escapes!

Sorry, looks fun! I want to come down that way one day but not at the moment. Have a good one though and kick some KOMs into your bag for good measure!

Checking the weather for Tsuru (都留市) there might be showers tomorrow towards the west end of the route. This will be the perfect way to cool off climbing on Dozaka Pass, the longest climb on the route. (I'll have an alternate route ready if it gets too much.)

Windy out. Looks like rain in the west. Tunnel is holding though. See you at Takao.

Excellent. A beautiful example of the form.

Can I bung these on Instagram?

Fantastic day out. Weather got a little soft which put us on guard on the descents but perfect climbing weather really (for me anyway). Thanks for a great day out @GrantT and thanks for that tube!

Leading me into the unknown.
image.jpg

Erm. Not a selfie.
image.jpg

Where there is a gate, there is curiosity.
image.jpg

Some fab views.
image.jpg

Properly admired
image.jpg

Whoa.
image.jpg

image-jpg.11671
Just found out that white tube in the distance is actually the test track for the new maglev Shinakansen. Bit of an engineering feat that - just goes straight through those mountains. (@wexford that was also the white tunnel thing we passed descending down off Hinazuru)

That's what they are telling you it is. I don't buy it.

Alternatively titled "The Combined Taxpayers' Money Sink & Social Insurance Scheme for Related Politicians, Bureaucrats and Contractors"

Back
Top Bottom