What's new

Sat, Sept 17th - Okutama (My Loop)

WhiteGiant

Maximum Pace
Nov 4, 2006
Howdy folks,
As the second last training ride for Toyo-Tyres-Turnpike, I was thinking of something a little less ambitious than last week's "BoW" ride.
The course, Travis' Loop, has become quite popular as a long-ish (92km - Starting from, and ending at, "Motoshuku", the 8.5km mark) unofficial TCC race route - We did it the week before "Itoigawa", and it saw a lot of friendly competition between Clay, Deej & Tom, amongst others.
It's best done as a kind of time-trial, and can usually be completed between 3-4 hours.
So far, Takaaki (Kawa) and I are definitely going. Anyone else?
There's a special "Holiday-Rapid" train (JR特別快速ホリデー快速あきがわ1号) that leaves Shinjuku at 7:44, and arrives in Musashi-Itsukaichi at 8:48.
That should give us a roll-out time of about 9:15.
Hoping you can all make it!
Travis

I would totally join it if it were on Sunday. Saturday rides are now a rare occasion for me.

I feel a dire need to ride every weekend, and hope to get into some kind of shape before the race in Odawara :bike:

Travis, I would also like to join. Can we please get a final decision on the day this ride will take place? :)

Saturday

Travis, I would also like to join. Can we please get a final decision on the day this ride will take place? :)

Hey Thomas, this week it will definitely have to be Saturday, as I have work on Sunday (rare case).
I hope that works for you!
>Serguei: Sorry mate! Next week though, we can make it Sunday if it suits more people.

Thanks Travis, I'm looking forward to riding with you, Takaaki and other prospective members this Saturday. And sorry you cannot make it, Serguei!

I'm looking forward to riding with you guys!!
And I hope I can say more than hello this time.:)

Hi,all

It's going to be great ride as always on TCC.
But I hate to say,I can not join at this time...

Because I have a training plan at Tomin no mori with my longtime teammates(LANCERS).

Anyway,I put expected schedule here just in case;
9:00 at Fuchu-Yotsuya 7/11,
10:15 pass around Musashi-itsukaichi,
11:45-12:30 at Tomin no mori (have a lunch)
13:00- descent,way back to Tamagawa

I hope to bump you guys anywhere.
And looking forward photos!
Im OK to go out sunday.
If someone can go out,please let me know.
Im thinking about short hill attack by solo at Wada or somewhere on Sunday 18th.

Thomas,
thank you for sending a message to me!!

Fumiki

Thanks, I could have a good training for Toyo-tire hill climb.
I enjoyed my first Kazahari rindo with a 12-23 cassette:eek:uch:.

Looking forward to the next one!

Travis, thanks for organising "your" loop! It was nice to ride with you, Takaaki and - for the first time - PeteC. :)

Kazahari-rindo (as any first climb) was pretty tough, but it got easier in the course of the day. The stats are not too bad either: 190km riding in and out, one punc, five heavy rain showers along the Tama and about 3000m of climbing according to Garmin.

Looking forward to Otoge next weekend!

Thanks!

Cheers guys!
Great fun, and great training for Toyo as well.
I'm glad we decided to make it a WATT ride, instead of going all the way non-stop.

>PeteC: It was nice to put a face to the name.
>Thomas: You were really unlucky with the rain, eh! On the way in, and on the way back. But it never rained while we were in a group :p
See you next week for the "O-Toge Time Trial"!
BTW, the picture (singular) is up in the gallery.
Travis

Thanks guys!

Guys,

Pleasure to meet you all and thanks for the WATT's, now if I can just reduce my lard content there should be no WATT's required in the future. But that might reduce my WATB advantage, decisions decisions!

As for my first time up Kazahari-rindo, I think my unprintable comments at the time just about cover it!;)

Kawa 12-23! I had a compact with a 25, still not low enough for me!

Cheers and I look forward to more of the same!:)

Back
Top Bottom