What's new

Ride SAT, Sep 6th, Shiraishi-, Maze- & Nihongi-toge

Aron B

Maximum Pace
Mar 24, 2012
The weather forecast has come around, it looks like it'll be mostly dry tomorrow. This ride is devised as to ride up the last part of the Nihongi ridgeline in reverse (from 105 to 112km)--that should also be very nice in the 黄葉-season.

INFO:
Meet Time: 7:00 am
Meet Place: at the Spaceship (HERE)
Climbing: 2000m?
Distance: ~130km
Route: HERE

All climbs WATT (wait at the top). Pizza or udon lunch possible after Sadamine (~70km). I will probably ride home from Ogawamachi station afterwards.

Nice! I'll try and make this one but don't wait if I'm not at the Spaceship on time: depending on tonight's activities I'll either catch you up or will still be in bed.

Looks like fun but alas I am out for this one.

I plan to join to you....but am really slow now so no waiting for me on any hills. I have the route in my garmin so will find you somewhere

And yes finally it looks like we get a bit of a break with the weather....what a terrible summer

Really?? Actually it has been perfect for cycling. I would take a few drops of rain and some clouds at 28% over the usual 35degC and 100% humidity that is the regular August form.

And yes finally it looks like we get a bit of a break with the weather....what a terrible summer

Have a blast guys. Hope to do one of these spaceship rides later in September.

Really?? Actually it has been perfect for cycling. I would take a few drops of rain and some clouds at 28% over the usual 35degC and 100% humidity that is the regular August form.
I think you are a fake Aussie.

OK. Forecast has changed a bit. If it's pouring in the morning I will reconsider. If it's a no-go I will post here no later than 6.10am, but I expect to see you all tomorrow.

Me and mr sexy legs are in the car heading for the bigger mountains over the weekend. Catch you next weekend!

Nice ride on a beautiful day. It was just @mwharam, @Chikako and me, but we had an enjoyable, easy trip up to Tokigawa. I felt quite good and decided for once to time the climb up Shiraishi. It went well in the beginning, but it was probably still too warm and I felt my stomach getting sick with 2.5km to go; the steepest parts behind me I could keep up a decent pace and got 25.03, not bad.

We had lunch at the udon place down Sadamine beyond Hana pizza. It was our first time, they specialize in boar (いのしし) and deer (しか) udon dishes---really nice.

@mwharam turned to Yorii after Maze-toge, and we continued up the Nihongi ridgeline I mentioned above. It was much steeper than expected, but should be very pretty when the red leaves come. The sky look ominous, we skipped the ice cream at the モモハウス, and managed to avoid most of the rain, jumping on the train in Ogawamachi.

Very nice ride and gentler pace to help me try and recover some fitness - thank you. Weather was great, but hotter than expected.
@Yamabushi - if you are reading, then have to say the wild boar, deer udon place was really good.....a worthy challenge to the pizza stop - both good mind.
And yes, whimped out of the last climb - pleased I did.
@Chikako , @Aron B - Thank you for the great company

Back
Top Bottom