What's new

Ride SAT, SEP 28th - Jyomine Ridge to Honjo

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
With a several solid climbs and a very long ridge line run, this should be a great ride! Please, note the slightly earlier start time!

INFO:
Meet Time: 6:30am
Meet Place: Family Mart (HERE)
Climbing: 2400-2700m
Distance: 140-150km
Route: HERE

Looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday morning at 6:30am!

Nice! The second part of that main climb is gruesome in my recollection. Let's not forget to find out the name of that toge.

Nice! The second part of that main climb is gruesome in my recollection. Let's not forget to find out the name of that toge.

Yeah, I remember! It should be interesting coming at it from the other direction, and hopefully it'll be slightly cooler. As for the toge, I'm pretty sure that it is Jyomine-san.

Hi Pete,
Nice route as usual and I wish I could join this.
The section starting from 62.7 km mark to 68.3 km is closed for construction work so you might want to HTFU and climb shiraishi (or Takashino-toge instead).
Check this link, the yellow road is the closed section.

Takaaki

Hey Takaaki,

That closed section is the standard Shiraishi climb, as is the one in Pete's original route.

Hi Pete,
Nice route as usual and I wish I could join this.
The section starting from 62.7 km mark to 68.3 km is closed for construction work so you might want to HTFU and climb shiraishi (or Takashino-toge instead).
Check this link, the yellow road is the closed section.

Takaaki
Hey Takaaki,

That closed section is the standard Shiraishi climb, as is the one in Pete's original route.

Yes Aron is correct, that looks like the actual Shiraishi climb which is what I have plotted. They were doing some roadside work there last week, but we didn't have any problems passing. In any event, we'll either do Shiraishi as planned or if that is closed, route around it via Takashino-toge. Thank you for the warning though! Hope to ride with you sometime soon, Takaaki!!

Right, You know my navigational skills. So it's no surprise that I couldn't read the map correctly!
Anyway, the section (Shiraishi) is closed from the end of September to the end of October. But looks like it's passable if you get there before 9 AM.

Right, You know my navigational skills. So it's no surprise that I couldn't read the map correctly!
Anyway, the section (Shiraishi) is closed from the end of September to the end of October. But looks like it's passable if you get there before 9 AM.
Again, thanks for the info. Fortunately, there are ways around the Shiraishi climb if it turns out to be shut down.

Pete and everyone,

On another note, please be informed that my friend, Hashi, who joined us on Pete's Nicchitsu ride in spring will be coming this Saturday.

Takaaki san,

Really hope to ride with you again, soon!

Just can't help it when it comes to mountains!
And then again, who would miss a chance to go to that pizza place?
Just to let you know, due to a bit more distance and climbing, we won't be doing the pizza stop. We'll be making a shorter stop for food and such at a convenience store somewhere around the 86-88km mark.

My workload is now squared away and I am free the whole of Saturday.

I was planning to ride up Shiraishi and then head back leaving you to carry on without me but now you will have the pleasure of my company for the duration;)
(@leicaman What do you want me to wear this week?)

Pete, a part of R172 between Tokigawa town and Shiraishi-toge is closed to traffic due to road works. Apparently they are replacing tarmac. There is a detour well marked though, so no problems. Just wanted to let you know. It probably doesn't matter anyway. Enjoy the ride.

Pete, a part of R172 between Tokigawa town and Shiraishi-toge is closed to traffic due to road works. Apparently they are replacing tarmac. There is a detour well marked though, so no problems. Just wanted to let you know. It probably doesn't matter anyway. Enjoy the ride.
Thank you for letting us know, Bart! Any chance you could join up with us for a bit of the ride?

Back
Top Bottom