What's new

SAT, SEP 1st - Shiraishi & Yamabushi-toge

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
Eugen, possibly Takaaki, and I will be riding this Saturday. We'll cycle up the Arakawa River to the first climb, Shiraishi-toge. From there head down the Green Line to Karibazaka-toge where we'll descend. Next comes Shomaru and Yamabushi-toge. All climbs will be wait at the top (WATT). At this point, we're intending to ride out and back, but bailout are available at Hanno or Oume Stations.

INFO:
Meet Time: 6:30am
Meet Place: Family Mart (HERE)
Climbing: 1700-2200m
Distance: 155-165km
Route: HERE

See you Saturday morning! Also, please note that if we're feeling genki, we may throw in another climb.

Anthony, we can shift the meet up time 30 minutes earlier if you prefer that!
Thanks Pete for arranging the ride.

Eugen

Anthony, we can shift the meet up time 30 minutes earlier if you prefer that!
Thanks Pete for arranging the ride.

Eugen

Anthony if you are definitely coming, we can move the meet time to 6:30am. Otherwise we'll keep the stated 7am time. Please, let me know ASAP. Cheers!

Earlier start sounds good to me too!

Hi Pete (& Co.),
Long time, no see. :greets:
I would also prefer the 6:30 start, just to beat the heat.
Cheers,
Chirag

Sorry for the late reply, Something has come up on Saturday. So I think I'll hit this course on Sunday. Have a great ride!

Next time!

Hi Pete,
sorry I can't join the ride today, I've been having a cold this couple of days and I thought (and was hoping) it would go away by this morning but it didn't.
Honey &lemon works wonders and I also take Ibuprofen, but apparently all these effects were not quick enough. I wish I had EPO :D

Eugen

Hi Pete,
sorry I can't join the ride today, I've been having a cold this couple of days and I thought (and was hoping) it would go away by this morning but it didn't.
Honey &lemon works wonders and I also take Ibuprofen, but apparently all these effects were not quick enough. I wish I had EPO :D

Eugen

Take care, Eugen! Catch you on the next one!

Thanks for ride company, as always, Pete! And Chirag , nice to see you again. I'm still a little foggy from jetlag, but nothing like Shiraishi to dust off the broom. Everything happens at once and I manage to ket a flat tire! The first this year! (grrrrrrr) and my spare tire was 'glued' together internally from using some Stan's previously instead of Cafe Latex (my dumb). So - I had to bump down the road about 3km on a flat. Oh well - the rain hit hard just about 500m from the station, so luckily I didn't miss to much as a result.

That pretty much closes the case on the Vittoria Ralleys for me - I had a couple laying around and mounted them on my alloy MP wheels - the rear is a goner and the front is so cattywampus (I know Pete likes this word) on the rim, I'm pulling it off. I'll put my Conti Gator Sprinters on and be done with it!

Now I'm going to flush out my other latex tubed tires and make sure no traces of old sealant is in there. The only thing that I really trust 100% is the Cafe Latex or GEAX (same). Stans or other stuff <will> work on latex tubed tires - but for sure it seems to melt them and cause the tube to internally weaken and glue together.

Good job on Shiraishi, Pete! Next time you'll have your PR! Sorry I had to lag cause of the stupid tire tricks!

Back
Top Bottom