What's new

SAT, SEP 15th - Iimori & Yamabushi-toge

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
Chikako and I will be riding this Saturday. We'll cycle up the Arakawa River to the first climb, then climb Iimori-toge to Karibazaka-toge where we'll descend. Next comes Shomaru-toge, Yamabushi-toge, and one additional climb towards Take-dera. All climbs will be wait at the top (WATT). We'll be finishing at Hanno Station, but it's also easy to end in Oume for those that prefer it.

INFO:
Meet Time: 6:30am
Meet Place: Family Mart (HERE)
Climbing: 1700-2100m
Distance: 115-125km
Route: HERE

See you Saturday morning! Also, please note that if we're feeling genki, we may throw in another climb.

Looks like fun Pete!

Shame I won't be in town this weekend, have a great ride!:cool:

Pete,

Sounds great as usual.
See you at the Family Mart Sat. morning!

Chikako

Hey,

there I would like to join. Sounds like fun for my first Tokyo hill ride. What speed are you thinking of?

Cheers,
Norman

Hey,

there I would like to join. Sounds like fun for my first Tokyo hill ride. What speed are you thinking of?

Cheers,
Norman

It'd be great to have you! Typically we cruise out on the flats doing 30-35km/hr depending on the conditions. As for the climbing, it'll all be WATT (wait at the top) so no worries there.

I'm back in Tokyo, and yearning for some climbing action. See you around 7am at the spaceship as usual.

Hi Pete,

I will ride out from my place and meet you all at an intersection near Moro station, take a peek at the map below for the exact spot:
http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1715581

Can you give me an estimate of when you will be in that area, this will help me plan my ride-out.

Cheers,
Josh

Hi Pete,

I will ride out from my place and meet you all at an intersection near Moro station, take a peek at the map below for the exact spot:
http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1715581

Can you give me an estimate of when you will be in that area, this will help me plan my ride-out.

Cheers,
Josh

My best guess would be somewhere in the vicinity of 8:30-8:45am. Do you have my keitai number? If not send me a PM.

Pete, figured it's time I dusted off the bike, squeeze into the moth-balled lycra and get out on the road again. Let's say 6:45 at the usual spot. If I'm not there, I've bottled it. If I am - be gentle with me ... :(

Cheers
Steve

Pete, figured it's time I dusted off the bike, squeeze into the moth-balled lycra and get out on the road again. Let's say 6:45 at the usual spot. If I'm not there, I've bottled it. If I am - be gentle with me ... :(

Cheers
Steve

Holy hell! It lives! :p

Mate, it'll be great to see you! I hope you can make it!

Thanks, Pete! Was pretty sure I'd miss this cause I missed the start time. But , <un>luckily the flat tire gave me a chance to catch you. Sorry had to jet off after fixing Steve's 2nd flat ---- had a nice roll into Ome, though, and just made my appt by literally 5min! Another great Greenline Tour and chance to meet some new and old friends again!

Yeah, really enjoyed that!

Thanks Pete, and everyone else.

On the way back through Tokyo, I got stuck in the middle of a massive nationalist demonstration, and surrounded by people waving really big 旭日旗 in my face.

Was pretty funny.

Just got home and am battered. :)

Great stuff

Thanks Pete for organizing and being my tour guide. I enjoyed it despite my initial issues with the weather. All in all I ended up with about 190km. I think I will listen to the smart ones and stop riding home some time soon. At the moment, I can need the long base training.

Enjoy your weekend, everybody,
Norman (aka the vertically challenged)

Back
Top Bottom