What's new

SAT, OCT 6th - Mt. Tsukuba

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
Travis, Aron, Chikako and I are planning on doing Tsukuba this coming Saturday. I'll put the course and the rest of the details up tomorrow, but plan on about a 170km ride with 2200m of climbing. The ride out is nearly all riverside bike path. Most likely we'll finish at Tsuchiura Station on the Joban Line.

If you haven't done Tsukuba before, it's a very nice change of pace with plenty of climbing!

INFO:
Meet Time #1: 6:30am
Meet Place #1: Iriya Station - Kototoi Dori & Route #4 (HERE)

Meet Time #2: 7:00am
Meet Place #2: Edogawa - Chiba side of river off Route #6 (HERE)

Climbing: 2000-2300m
Distance: 165-175km
Route: HERE

I'm a little tempted but need to dig out my train bag and see if it will fit my new bike in it. I would be interested to see the route.
Thanks

Travis, Aron, Chikako and I are planning on doing Tsukuba this coming Saturday. I'll put the course and the rest of the details up tomorrow, but plan on about a 170km ride with 2200m of climbing. The ride out is nearly all riverside bike path. Most likely we'll finish at Tsuchiura Station on the Joban Line.

If you haven't done Tsukuba before, it's a very nice change of pace with plenty of climbing!

Hmm trying to steal people from my ride...oh wait...nobody replied again ;)

I'm interested to see, maybe I'll join (insert weather joke here)

where are you guys starting from? I see from the search (not easy when you have to work with maps that don't work, thanks apple...) that this place is in ibaraki

where are you guys starting from? I see from the search (not easy when you have to work with maps that don't work, thanks apple...) that this place is in ibaraki

I'll being getting all the info up in a bit, but there'll be a small meet up at Route #4 and Kototoi Dori near Iriya Station with the main meeting point being Route #6 and the Edogawa River. Specific details to follow.

Do we have the course yet?

Hi Pete,

Interested as usual. Head to stay in town for house hunting on Sunday.

Best,
Norman

Looking forward to seeing the route to see if it s viable to tag along, somewhere on the Edogawa.

Nice one.

Pete - - I wish I could join you and the group, but can't make it tomorrow. Sadly, I've also done no hill climbing since returning from the states, so I need to tune up my legs again.

Have a good ride and I hope to catch you next time!

Tom

Pete, I'm out. I will do my ride, hopefully the next one is a little closer to my area (hint hint)

OK here are all the details:

INFO:
Meet Time #1: 6:30am
Meet Place #1: Iriya Station - Kototoi Dori & Route #4 (HERE)

Meet Time #2: 7:00am
Meet Place #2: Edogawa - Chiba side of river off Route #6 (HERE)

Climbing: 2000-2300m
Distance: 165-175km
Route: HERE

So close, I have no excuse!

Cheers Pete,
See you at the first meeting point - Iriya, at 6:30.
Travis

I wanna go but the meeting point is about 1 hour from my house. Hmm decisions decisions!!

Will be at meeting point 1

Hi Pete,

see you at meeting point 1 tmw morning.

Cheers,
Norm

Back
Top Bottom