What's new

SAT, OCT 27th - Nichitsu Autumn Leaves

Thanks everyone, great TCC maiden voyage for me!
Great meeting all of you! and thanks Pete for organizing, absolutely stunning route!
Good to ride with a group for the first time in over a year.

Extra kudos to Tim for the pacing me up that last climb :)

Beautiful picture!

Great meeting all of you! and thanks Pete for organizing, absolutely stunning route!

Thanks for uploading the picture.
Hope to ride together again soon!
Eugen

Cheers Tobias, it was great having you along!!

Pete,

Again, a huge thanks for leading a ride through the beautiful backroads of Chichibu.
I especially loved the view of the multicolored leaves/trees on the descend from the peak of today's ride.
I'm so glad to have been able to join one of the most scenic routes in the area.

Was a pleasure meeting Tobias, and riding with the regulars as well.
Special thanks to Tim for being such a supportive mechanic as always!

Chikako

Great ride all,

It was good to ride with the "team" and meet our new member. Tobias, great ride and nice kit.

Pete, thanks for the climbs.

Yeah, that was really great, thanks a lot!

Enjoyed it greatly, despite my knee hurting a lot. So much amazing scenery to take in, and seeing stuff I had never seen before was wonderful.

Riding through the tunnels, especially the last couple was really odd (and savagely cold!) Watching the lights of the people in front of me, but not being able to see my hands or the floor was surreal!

Train ride back took me 2.5 hours, but was definitely worth it.

I got home and found my new cassette waiting for me, funnily enough. Thought to myself, I could have used that today!

Yeah, that was really great, thanks a lot!

Enjoyed it greatly, despite my knee hurting a lot. So much amazing scenery to take in, and seeing stuff I had never seen before was wonderful.

There was so much great stuff after, that I nearly forgot about the monkey we say just outside of Chichibu!

Guys, I've been regretting not having joined this one all day :(

What were the temperatures like? How did you dress? How advanced are the autumn colours yet?

If the weather is OK either next weekend, I may head out there either Sat or Sun. I'd follow the exact same loop from Chichibu to Nichitsu and back to Chichibu, but would probably cycle up via Komae / Tamagawa / Hamura.

What is route 299 southeast of Chichibu like (i.e. not Yamabushi toge), because cycling over from Sakado is also an option for me?

Thanks, Pete!

I often went from Sakado up the valley above Ogose for hiking around Kuroyamasantaki and the little forest road over to the other side to #299 looked tempting, but maybe not...

I did Yamabushi-toge from the north side on Deej's Oume temple loop and it was fun.

Which one was 299?

(I am a road-number idiot, so please excuse my ignorance)

Owen, the #299 segment I asked about runs parallel to the mountain route you took into Chichibu, further to the NE, between Hanno and Chichibu. But if it's busy or has too many trucks, etc. I'll gladly avoid it.

Pete and all, thanks for the great ride albeit short for me today due to new circumstances.

Bookmarked two more waterhole coordinates today !! Thanks again.

I had a great time, the autumn scenery was splendid, especially towards and past Nichitsu.

I posted some photos here:
https://abeekman.nl/wordpress/?p=456
Unfortunately, the cloudy weather doesn't give the best lighting, and my photo editing skills are underdeveloped.

I had a great time, the autumn scenery was splendid, especially towards and past Nichitsu.

I posted some photos here:
https://abeekman.nl/wordpress/?p=456
Unfortunately, the cloudy weather doesn't give the best lighting, and my photo editing skills are underdeveloped.

Cheers Aron, thank you for the photos. I've re-posted them to FB for those with accounts.

Back
Top Bottom