What's new

Sat, Oct.17

Clay, it turns out I may be free. I'll let you know by 9 p.m. tonight.

Sergey and I just contemplated about the following ride, another kind of Threepeak madness: train to Otsuki, O-toge, Matsuhime-toge and Kazahari-toge, back through Tamagawa or by train from Musashi-itsukaichi (or Tachikawa, alternatively).

Thomas, that sounds brutal! And, of course, awesome.

OK, it turns out I can't ride Saturday (tomorrow) due to kids' soccer games. However, I am free for Sunday. If any of you want to ride Sunday, let me know!

Deej

Thanks Thomas, but sunday would be better for me actually, so Deej, I'll send a message to your keitai and let's head out.

Jealous!

Curses! I'm in the wrong continent to join you.

Will be back next weekend.
AW.​

Gents, change of plans: Sergey and I meet tomorrow SAT at 0900 @ Tachikawa Sta.. Sergey was very cryptical on the phone, but he promised a new route with "many many hills". Feel free to join. :eek:

Alan, I am looking forward to riding with you, it's been too long already.

Deej, Clay, we can save brutal TP2 for another weekend. :)

Sorry, Thomas, I didn't intend to sound cryptical - but was under time pressure from my work to explain the details. Anyways - here's a very rough route of what I have in mind:
http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/japan/-tokyo/621125570122022931

The profile should give you the idea, why I said - "many many hills". There are really a lot of them and they drain your energy worse (or better :)) than any big climb...

Tsuru-toge, Inugawa-toge and Kazahari-toge, cool! Looking forward to draining our energy tomorrow! :)

Update: meeting point is Tachikawa Sta., south exit next to the bus station.

Grand Tour du Bonk

What a (in retrospective sweet) torture that ride was today! Odarumi-toge, Tsuru-toge and Inugawa-toge were just elusive episodes of agony and pain in a crushing Tour du Bonk. Thanks for your patience, Sergey. I finally recovered after beer and udon at Lake Okutama. The flight into Musashi-Itsukaichi was epic.

Stats:

Dst 158,29km
Ascent 2.750m

=> http://connect.garmin.com/activity/16411269

Thomas, it was an excellent ride anyway - I was totally captivated by the autumn's beauty!
I suggest we do the same ride again this week-end or the next one (I definitely will) - it should be spectacular with all the coloured leaves and wide open spaces on the course. Maybe not in a competitive way - but to enjoy the nature.

What a (in retrospective sweet) torture that ride was today! Odarumi-toge, Tsuru-toge and Inugawa-toge were just elusive episodes of agony and pain in a crushing Tour du Bonk. Thanks for your patience, Sergey. I finally recovered after beer and udon at Lake Okutama. The flight into Musashi-Itsukaichi was epic.

Stats:

Dst 158,29km
Ascent 2.750m

=> http://connect.garmin.com/activity/16411269

Excellent idea, Sergey, I'm all for it: let's do another kouyou run next Saturday.

Maybe not in a competitive way - but to enjoy the nature.

I see. I'm just wondering... who were you competing with last time..? :D

Impressive top speed as well Thomas
Max Speed: 128.0 km/h

Lee, it was really hair-raising, but somehow I suspect my Garmin set cannot be fully trusted. :D

Garmin:
Av: 20.1 km/h
Mx: 128.0 km
Cateye:
Av 24,7
Mx 70,3

Back
Top Bottom