What's new

Sat, Oct.17

Deej

Maximum Pace
Oct 13, 2007
Clay, it turns out I may be free. I'll let you know by 9 p.m. tonight.

thomas

The Crank Engine
Nov 1, 2005
Sergey and I just contemplated about the following ride, another kind of Threepeak madness: train to Otsuki, O-toge, Matsuhime-toge and Kazahari-toge, back through Tamagawa or by train from Musashi-itsukaichi (or Tachikawa, alternatively).

Deej

Maximum Pace
Oct 13, 2007
Thomas, that sounds brutal! And, of course, awesome.

OK, it turns out I can't ride Saturday (tomorrow) due to kids' soccer games. However, I am free for Sunday. If any of you want to ride Sunday, let me know!

Deej

echothree

Speeding Up
Sep 8, 2008
Thanks Thomas, but sunday would be better for me actually, so Deej, I'll send a message to your keitai and let's head out.

AlanW

Maximum Pace
Jan 30, 2007
Jealous!

Curses! I'm in the wrong continent to join you.

Will be back next weekend.
AW.​

thomas

The Crank Engine
Nov 1, 2005
Gents, change of plans: Sergey and I meet tomorrow SAT at 0900 @ Tachikawa Sta.. Sergey was very cryptical on the phone, but he promised a new route with "many many hills". Feel free to join. :eek:

Alan, I am looking forward to riding with you, it's been too long already.

Deej, Clay, we can save brutal TP2 for another weekend. :)

kpykc

Speeding Up
Jun 13, 2007
Sorry, Thomas, I didn't intend to sound cryptical - but was under time pressure from my work to explain the details. Anyways - here's a very rough route of what I have in mind:
http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/japan/-tokyo/621125570122022931

The profile should give you the idea, why I said - "many many hills". There are really a lot of them and they drain your energy worse (or better :)) than any big climb...

thomas

The Crank Engine
Nov 1, 2005
Tsuru-toge, Inugawa-toge and Kazahari-toge, cool! Looking forward to draining our energy tomorrow! :)

Update: meeting point is Tachikawa Sta., south exit next to the bus station.

thomas

The Crank Engine
Nov 1, 2005
Grand Tour du Bonk

What a (in retrospective sweet) torture that ride was today! Odarumi-toge, Tsuru-toge and Inugawa-toge were just elusive episodes of agony and pain in a crushing Tour du Bonk. Thanks for your patience, Sergey. I finally recovered after beer and udon at Lake Okutama. The flight into Musashi-Itsukaichi was epic.

Stats:

Dst 158,29km
Ascent 2.750m

=> http://connect.garmin.com/activity/16411269

kpykc

Speeding Up
Jun 13, 2007
Thomas, it was an excellent ride anyway - I was totally captivated by the autumn's beauty!
I suggest we do the same ride again this week-end or the next one (I definitely will) - it should be spectacular with all the coloured leaves and wide open spaces on the course. Maybe not in a competitive way - but to enjoy the nature.

What a (in retrospective sweet) torture that ride was today! Odarumi-toge, Tsuru-toge and Inugawa-toge were just elusive episodes of agony and pain in a crushing Tour du Bonk. Thanks for your patience, Sergey. I finally recovered after beer and udon at Lake Okutama. The flight into Musashi-Itsukaichi was epic.

Stats:

Dst 158,29km
Ascent 2.750m

=> http://connect.garmin.com/activity/16411269

thomas

The Crank Engine
Nov 1, 2005
Excellent idea, Sergey, I'm all for it: let's do another kouyou run next Saturday.

Maybe not in a competitive way - but to enjoy the nature.

I see. I'm just wondering... who were you competing with last time..? :D

Impressive top speed as well Thomas
Max Speed: 128.0 km/h

Lee, it was really hair-raising, but somehow I suspect my Garmin set cannot be fully trusted. :D

Garmin:
Av: 20.1 km/h
Mx: 128.0 km
Cateye:
Av 24,7
Mx 70,3

Top Bottom