What's new

SAT, NOV 3 - Shiraishi & Yamabushi-toge

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
It's getting a bit cooler and the days are getting a bit shorter. Time to bust out one of the old classic routes. We'll do Shiraishi-toge, drop down to the pizza place, climb up the back side of the rarely ridden but beautiful Takashina-toge, Shomaru-toge, Yamabushi-toge, ending in Hanno. All climbs will be wait at the top (WATT).

INFO:
Meet Time: 7:30am
Meet Place: Family Mart (HERE)
Climbing: 2100-2300m
Distance: 125-135km
Route: HERE

Please, note the later starting time.

Alright mate

Might be a technical at my end, but the starting point on the main map does not match the meeting point...

I am assuming the standard transit between where you meet and the start of the main ride on the main map?

Alright mate

Might be a technical at my end, but the starting point on the main map does not match the meeting point...

I am assuming the standard transit between where you meet and the start of the main ride on the main map?

Oops, that's what I get for rushing to get it posted before running out the door. OK, initial post has been corrected. Thank you, Owen!

Count me in Pete!

Meet up at the same intersection around 7am?

If the scenery is anything like last week I'm definitely mounting a gopro on the bike this time..

Scenery might even step up a notch - I've invited some friends from exclusive vintage cycling club to join :) Nothing shows off fall colors better than polished chrome and 1960's Cinellis.

OK Tobias, see you at the same place at 7am. And, yes the scenery will be very nice!

I am in, if only for the chrome.

Usual spot? Any idea what time you will be getting there, considering the starting time is later?

Alright will check it out.

Cheers

@Tobias; looking forward to riding with you again on Saturday mate!

Alright will check it out.

Cheers

@Tobias; looking forward to riding with you again on Saturday mate!

Me too mate! Now that I've bitten the forbidden "TCC group ride apple" you won't get rid of me hehe.

Looking forward to seeing some vintage chrome also *runs of to charge the gopro*

Be careful, Owen likes guys to bite his forbidden apples

I do, yes, but only if those 'guys' are riding bikes lighter, faster and more expensive than my own.

It is a constant, fruitless search (<see what I did there?)

Too bad you got no fruits, beyond Pete of course ;)

Hmm, didn't have you down as the kind of person who would resort to using the tired meme of mild homophobia in matey banter. Takes all sorts though, I suppose.

Yeah, fine. No 'common denominators' here though. We hate those guys.

As for the others, well, we are all others, right? Don't judge lest you be judged, init.

I am actually quite interested in setting up the GoPro and going for this ride but as yet I do not have a bike bag. I hope to get one before the pretty scenery turns to white ;-)

I am actually quite interested in setting up the GoPro and going for this ride but as yet I do not have a bike bag. I hope to get one before the pretty scenery turns to white ;-)

Get a bag, time is wasting! If you want the smallest lightest bag out there, contact Jules for an Alp or Air, otherwise the on the bigger, heavier, cheaper side, get yourself a Tioga Cocoon.

Get a bag, time is wasting! If you want the smallest lightest bag out there, contact Jules for an Alp or Air, otherwise the on the bigger, heavier, cheaper side, get yourself a Tioga Cocoon.

I have actually fired off an email to Jules asking about the oversized Air. I have a 63cm frame so finding a light bag has been a bit of a challenge (finding a frame in the first place was quite a challenge 10 years ago ;) )

That being said, I really do want to get out there!

Back
Top Bottom