What's new

Ride SAT, NOV 29th - Autumn ride to Ogawamachi

Aron B

Maximum Pace
Mar 24, 2012
As the days get shorter, so do the rides. Note the start time, 7.30am.

INFO:
Meet Time: 7:30am
Meet Place: at the Spaceship (HERE)
Climbing: ~1200-1500m
Distance: ~100km
Route: HERE

I'm a bit worried about snow on the Green Line, but with the ample sunshine it should be okay -- let's just be careful. Possible udon lunch after Sadamine (~78km).

We may have a special guest appearance by @Blue Ridge.

Last edited:
Weather is looking pretty dodgy for tomorrow. Are people planning to ride still?

I'm not sure. I think the bed might win out over the bike tomorrow morning, to be honest: the past four days at work have felt like an eternity.

If I'm not at the spaceship, head on!

With the rain forecast I'm gonna give his one a miss. Have a good ride guys.

Just woke up to see your messages. I'm just going to ride out, we can always bail if it gets bad. It looks okay at the moment.

It pained me to miss the ride but as predicted, the rain did arrive.

@Musashi13 riding in the rain with no rainwear isn't hard, it's stupid. I may or may not be heading to a well known cycling clothes shop as I type this, to remedy the "no rainwear" situation.

Thought today might spur you on in you decision.

Hard is oft mistaken for stupid by those who are soft.

Arrived late (I thought it was an 8 am rendezvous) then met Aron briefly on his way home nursing a bald tyre. Rain started when I reached Tokigawa and was quite pleasant for a while, but got cold as I rode higher so I turned back before the summit and caught the 12:40 from Ogawa. Packing the bike now for tonight's flight home to Dubai, where the cycling season is in full swing.

Looking forward to another TCC ride on my next visit - perhaps in the spring.

Jonathan

Back
Top Bottom