What's new

Ride SAT, NOV 23rd, Koburi pass, Iimori Pass, Kamihinozawa, Ogawamachi

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
Hi all

As ride master Pete has been busy recently, I have decided to take it upon myself to post a ride for this Saturday, the 23rd of November. I did this ride a few weeks back and it was really nice. It's quite a hefty ride with 3000 to 3400metres of climbing involved. Distance is 164km from the Spaceship on the Arakawa, but can be shortened a tad by riding down to Ogawamachi instead of climbing back up Sadamine to Shiraishi. Pace will be very similar to Pete's rides and all climbs will be WATT (Within reason...same as Pete's).

INFO:
Meet Time: 7:00 am AT THE SPACESHIP. I know alot of Pete's riders usually meet at the Family Mart but I live further up the river. I would suggest a meeting time of 6:30am at the Family Mart if people want to meet there first.
Meet Place:The SPACESHIP (Not sure how to link to google maps but I'm sure you all know where I mean)
Climbing: 3000-3400m
Distance: 164km from the Spaceship
Route: HERE

jesus mate, you need to adjust the rides a bit now that we are in the "off-season" haven't ridden anything near that serious since october.

If I join would you at least give me a pizza lunch? ;-)

jesus mate, you need to adjust the rides a bit now that we are in the "off-season" haven't ridden anything near that serious since october.

If I join would you at least give me a pizza lunch? ;-)
Ha ha. Pizza lunch is a cert ;)
You'll blitz this ride mate.

Would love to join but the inlaws are in town So I am out for anything long.

Last edited:
A shame I have to work. I'd join you early for a portion but as a Chiba alternative has been posted I will leave you to your hills.

May the mountain spirits watch over you with glad eyes.

If I manage to wake up 5am... I'm in...
I'll be calling you from 5am onwards like a deranged stalker, until you wake up.

@theBlob hope to see you out on the road soon

@Musashi13 too bad that you can't join us but at least you'll still be getting out on a ride which keeps you of that stupid indoor trainer ;)

Hi Mark and everyone:

I'd like to join this one, or a part of it.
My plan is to....
1. Follow the group (team A) to the foot of the first climb (up until 50km point).
2. Ride the rest of the course solo (will most likely skip the last climb and turn left at 134km point down to Ogawamachi).

I'm basically asking for a free cab ride to the Chichibu area... really hope you don't mind.

Those who're looking for something shorter & slower are more than welcome to join me, or the team B.

See you all tomorrow morning, at the spaceship.

I'll be there for team A. Team B can give us their pizza orders, they'll be just fresh out of the oven when you arrive.

Hi Mark and everyone:

I'd like to join this one, or a part of it.
My plan is to....
1. Follow the group (team A) to the foot of the first climb (up until 50km point).
2. Ride the rest of the course solo (will most likely skip the last climb and turn left at 134km point down to Ogawamachi).

I'm basically asking for a free cab ride to the Chichibu area... really hope you don't mind.

Those who're looking for something shorter & slower are more than welcome to join me, or the team B.

See you all tomorrow morning, at the spaceship.
Hey Chikako
Very pleased to see you and Aron joining us. I think that we could most probably all stick together until your turn off point around the 134km point. If you are concerned about holding any of us up, please don't be. It's always nice to have a little rest at the top of the climbs, and with your steady pacing, we are never waiting too long for you.

Guys, there is cyclocross race at Akigase Park next to lake Saiko, so when blasting back along the Arakawa, you can grab some grub and watch the races! Might be going Sunday...

Guys, there is cyclocross race at Akigase Park next to lake Saiko, so when blasting back along the Arakawa, you can grab some grub and watch the races! Might be going Sunday...
Thanks for the heads up, but I guess we will be blasting past on the train (unless Tobias wants to hit close to a 300km day).

Hey guys, I'm new here but would love to join you all for this ride. I assume the Ride with GPS map start point is the Spaceship? The distance and elevation profile look good, but I imagine I'll be one of those doing steady pacing and taking the shortcut at the end.

Best,

-Jason

Hey guys, I'm new here but would love to join you all for this ride. I assume the Ride with GPS map start point is the Spaceship? The distance and elevation profile look good, but I imagine I'll be one of those doing steady pacing and taking the shortcut at the end.

Best,

-Jason
Hi Jason
Yes, the map starts at the spaceship (it's actually some flood control gates but looks like some kind of UFO or spaceship).

The weather tomorrow looks like it couldn't be any better

@saibot , it'll be a crime if you oversleep. Set 4 alarms

Hey Chikako
Very pleased to see you and Aron joining us. I think that we could most probably all stick together until your turn off point around the 134km point. If you are concerned about holding any of us up, please don't be. It's always nice to have a little rest at the top of the climbs, and with your steady pacing, we are never waiting too long for you.

Thanks for the encouragement, Mark.
I'll try to stick with the group as much (far) as possible, let's see how it goes tomorrow.
Bed time for everybody.
おやすみなさい。

Was a gorgeous day, the weather couldn't have been better, and the leaves were beautiful.
Thanks Mark for leading us out, and to the group for great company.
Hope you didn't wait too long for us on the second climb.

We're now on the Takasaki line back.
Somehow, I misheard or misunderstood that the route was altered to include the Jomine climb, and mislead not only myself but also Travis up the mountain.
Apologies and big thanks to Travis for pacing with me and leading us back to the station.
(I'd probably get the group lost easily if I were to lead the team B or any group....)
The descent from Jomine chilled me to the bones, but chasing Travis to Fujioka warmed me up quickly.

Was nice meeting you Jason, and hope you've found your way to the station without a hassle.

Back
Top Bottom