What's new

Ride SAT, Nov 15th: Kasayama, Nihongi, Maze to Honjo

Aron B

Maximum Pace
Mar 24, 2012
We're doing a repeat of a spring ride, now with nice autumn colours. The descent to Hagure between 92-94km should be particularly nice.

INFO:
Meet Time: 7:00 am
Meet Place: at the Spaceship (HERE) (note that the route start at the Family Mart in Funado, but we're meeting after about 7km)
Climbing: ~2000m
Distance: ~120km
Route: HERE

Possible udon lunch at ~73km, with obligatory pictures taken.

I'm in but I'll be heading back to Ogawamachi as Honjo is about as convenient for me as Sapporo ;)

Was a beautiful clear day today, which made me happy just being outside on bike.
Plus the stunning autumn colors and the usual gentlemen made another memorable ride.
One puncture and one puncture + fall, but luckily no serious consequences.

I've especially enjoyed the views from the Nihongi ridge line and the shower of colored leaves falling on us.
Thanks as always for the waits (yes the temperature is dropping), and letting me hide myself against the strong wind.
See you all soon again.

IMAG0005.JPG
Great weather today. Bit of a fall thanks to a puncture when my lucky inner tube (10+ repairs and counting!) failed me on a descent. Winter jacket took the brunt of the fall, bike is fine, body is fine. My fault of course, and nothing to do with riding the brakes behind you guys...;)
Luckily, my camera was recording and the footage survived. I'll post something up later.

Lucky it wasn't your "unlucky" tube then.

View attachment 9245
Great weather today. Bit of a fall thanks to a puncture when my lucky inner tube (10+ repairs and counting!) failed me on a descent. Winter jacket took the brunt of the fall, bike is fine, body is fine. My fault of course, and nothing to do with riding the brakes behind you guys...;)
Luckily, my camera was recording and the footage survived. I'll post something up later.

Thank god! :) that tube must have made you light wheels weigh as much as your ultegra's with new tube in it ;)

Good ride today in perfect conditions. Great set of people as usual (except @theBlob but he didn't hang around too long ;) ).

Most memorable moment came, not when @GrantT ate Tarmac due to a puncture on a hairpin, but when he removed the tube and we counted not one, two, three, four or five patches, but NINE !!!!! Nine bleedin' patches on his front tyre inner tube.
He was very lucky to come away with bruises and cosmetic damage to his bike. On another day it would have been a broken collarbone.

For now, here is a quick video of today's ride. Apologies for using the same music as the last ride.

Selfies still to come.

Two punctures and a fall aside, it was yet another most agreeable ride with the TCC North crew. Thanks to @Aron B for sorting out a great route with some truly fantastic views today. I brought the Sony Action Cam to catch some descending footage but unfortunately my mount is not up to the job: the vibrations kept causing the camera to switch off so most of the footage I thought I was getting, I wasn't getting at all. Still, I'm going to salvage what did survive and will be posting a video shortly. In the meantime, here are some daguerreotypes fresh from the darkroom:

IMG_2297.jpg IMG_2296.jpg IMG_2301.jpg IMG_2303.jpg IMG_2308.jpg

Beautiful ride indeed, very scenic. The route is from @Yamabushi.

The climb up to Kasayama from the Shiraishi side had another, very big landslide. @leicaman took a picture. It doesn't look like it will be repaired soon, and now there are too many obstacles to enjoy this climb, even though there is obviously no other traffic. Next time, I'm thinking of trying it like this.

Back
Top Bottom