What's new

Ride SAT May 2nd, GW ride, northwest area

Aron B

Maximum Pace
Mar 24, 2012
A bit late notice, but anybody welcome. We ride in the usual area, two climbs, pizza with @Chikako, one more climb, ice cream, head home.

Meet Time: 8:00am
Meet Place: at the Spaceship (HERE)
Climbing: ~1500m
Distance: ~115km
Route: HERE

Pizza lunch after about 90km, ice cream at the Nihongi farm after about 100km. I may ride home from Ogawamachi station. Pace will be normal, all climbs WATT (wait at the top).

What time do you expect to be starting the first climb?
I might try and catch you in the hills somewhere, then break off at Takashino Pass.

What time do you expect to be starting the first climb?
I might try and catch you in the hills somewhere, then break off at Takashino Pass.
I guess we'll start Kuroyamasantaki around 10.15-10.30h.

Ok, I'll try and find you guys somewhere along the route!
The turn off to the Kuroyamasantaki climb is easy to miss, although there is a small sign. Probably the best would be to ride in the opposite direction, descending the climb and/or route 61.

We could send to an email or text or post here when we leave the convenience store.

Great fun on the bike yesterday. It was nice to have @Yamabushi back out and also good to have @Musashi13 out for a rare appearance in the Saitama mountains. It's a shame @Mlac Peek couldn't ahve stayed out longer but good to have him along nonetheless. Thanks to @Chikako for waiting for us and saving a table in a very busy Hana cafe. The blast back down the Arakawa was fantastic (although if there had been a tailwind, I feel it would have been even more fantasticer ;) ).

A little selfie video of the ride

Thanks for the ride everyone. It was great to catch up with @Aron B and @Yamabushi again after such a long time. Sorry I had to bail early. The weather was superb and I would have loved to ride back down the river with you guys. As it was I ploughed into the headwind alone and unfazed and arrived home only a bit late. Looking forward to the next one!

Thanks for that! Good song as well. This will be the evening movie with my kids, again and again and again ;-)

Back
Top Bottom