Ride SAT May 2nd, GW ride, northwest area

Aron B

Maximum Pace
Mar 24, 2012
Nerima-ku, Tokyo
abeekman.nl
A bit late notice, but anybody welcome. We ride in the usual area, two climbs, pizza with @Chikako, one more climb, ice cream, head home.

Meet Time: 8:00am
Meet Place: at the Spaceship (HERE)
Climbing: ~1500m
Distance: ~115km
Route: HERE

Pizza lunch after about 90km, ice cream at the Nihongi farm after about 100km. I may ride home from Ogawamachi station. Pace will be normal, all climbs WATT (wait at the top).

Sibreen

Maximum Pace
Jul 23, 2010
Hanno, Saitama
What time do you expect to be starting the first climb?
I might try and catch you in the hills somewhere, then break off at Takashino Pass.

Reactions: Aron B

Aron B

Maximum Pace
Mar 24, 2012
Nerima-ku, Tokyo
abeekman.nl
Ok, I'll try and find you guys somewhere along the route!
The turn off to the Kuroyamasantaki climb is easy to miss, although there is a small sign. Probably the best would be to ride in the opposite direction, descending the climb and/or route 61.

We could send to an email or text or post here when we leave the convenience store.

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
Asakadai, Saitama
Great fun on the bike yesterday. It was nice to have @Yamabushi back out and also good to have @Musashi13 out for a rare appearance in the Saitama mountains. It's a shame @Mlac Peek couldn't ahve stayed out longer but good to have him along nonetheless. Thanks to @Chikako for waiting for us and saving a table in a very busy Hana cafe. The blast back down the Arakawa was fantastic (although if there had been a tailwind, I feel it would have been even more fantasticer ;) ).

A little selfie video of the ride

Mlac Peek

Peek pace master
Jun 12, 2012
Toda, Saitama
Thanks for the ride everyone. It was great to catch up with @Aron B and @Yamabushi again after such a long time. Sorry I had to bail early. The weather was superb and I would have loved to ride back down the river with you guys. As it was I ploughed into the headwind alone and unfazed and arrived home only a bit late. Looking forward to the next one!