What's new

Ride SAT, May 25th - Sadamine, Jyomine to Honjo

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
We'll be exploring some new rindos and taking in plenty of climbing with a stop for lunch at the famous pizza place just after the Sadamine-toge descent before pushing on.

INFO:
Meet Time: 6:30am
Meet Place: Family Mart (HERE)
Climbing: 2000-2200m
Distance: 145-150km
Route: HERE

See you Saturday morning!

Descending like an eagle, and dropping some serious hammer through the rollers, ending with a heart-breaking pull back to the station at 40kmph+

Oh yeah, and climbing like, erm, someone who can't be bothered with all that climbing silliness.

Again, I'm in for the first half of the ride.
I'll turn around at either 74km point or 82 km point to catch the 11:23 train from Ogawamachi, with 11:40 train as a back up option.

See you all Saturday morning.

Ah ok. Go on then. You twisted my arm (like it ever needed twisting). Looking forward to it.

Hmmm... good question. On our normal Shiraishi route we're usually there about 11am. This route is a bit longer and less direct so maybe 11:30-NOON?
OK. I have a visitor in town and will have to discuss, but I am thinking of starting in Oume via Arima Toge and meeting you guys at Pizza place. Will confirm via SMS.

Where is this pizza place that everyone is salivating over?

I will be leading a group to do a Chichibu loop at a social (slow) pace on June 1st. If the pizza is this good, I'd like to integrate it as part of the ride...

Where is this pizza place that everyone is salivating over?

I will be leading a group to do a Chichibu loop at a social (slow) pace on June 1st. If the pizza is this good, I'd like to integrate it as part of the ride...

Oooh... it's sort of a secret... haha, just kidding! It's located at the bottom of the west side Sadamine-toge descent, HERE.

I'll be taking my new garmin edge 510 on it's first proper ride tomorrow. I have been looking at uploading the gps data to it from Pete's link but I see there are are to .gpx file options, gpx track and gpx route. Does anyone know which one I should upload to the 510? I know I don't need the route as Pete will be there and knows every road like the back of his hand but I just wanted to try out the course feature.
Cheers

GPX Track.

Upload it to the NewFiles folder.

Only gives you the basic line to follow but once you ride it, and upload your ride to Garmin connect, you can then save that as a proper route.

Following the course will reduce the battery life of your device for that trip. I usually just follow Pete and watch his battery life reduce ;) Yamabushi = Chichibu GPS

Reactions: TOM
Back
Top Bottom