What's new

Ride SAT, May 25th - Sadamine, Jyomine to Honjo

Cheers for the info guys. I was thinking more about if I went out by myself on one of the routes then I'd be able to follow the course.
Looks like its going to be a great day for cycling tomorrow. JMA says a high of 23, mostly cloudy with a max 20% chance of rain.

Depending on time, is anyone up for rising back down towards Tokyo after getting to honjo? Would be nice to clock a 200km+ ride.

Depending on time, is anyone up for rising back down towards Tokyo after getting to honjo? Would be nice to clock a 200km+ ride.

Depending on how I feel when we get to honjo, I might be up for it.. probably around 250km though… outch

Following the course will reduce the battery life of your device for that trip.

While I have no data on the 510, the 500 was fine for my recent 200 km brevets when recording, using a HRM *and* following a course. I didn't always have the map view selected, which could draw more power than screens that just show numbers. Nevertheless, based on charge state at the end, the battery would have been good for 16 hours.

While I have no data on the 510, the 500 was fine for my recent 200 km brevets when recording, using a HRM *and* following a course. I didn't always have the map view selected, which could draw more power than screens that just show numbers. Nevertheless, based on charge state at the end, the battery would have been good for 16 hours.
Thanks Joe. That's good to know. So I guess you just flicked over to the map when you needed it huh.

Thanks Joe. That's good to know. So I guess you just flicked over to the map when you needed it huh.
If you really want to have fun I highly recommend selecting "track back" or just simply select a point on the map and let the garmin route you there.

If you really want to have fun I highly recommend selecting "track back" or just simply select a point on the map and let the garmin route you there.
As its the 510, there isn't a map as such. It's just a breadcrumb trail.

I'm up to my ears in studying for finals, so only smallish local rides for me until after the first week of June...

Have a great one boys

On the Tojo-line to Ikebukuro, feeling a bit guilty to be taking the train from this hour especially when some of us are planning to ride back from Honjo today.

Pete, the rindos were spectacular, another big thanks to your leading.

All of you strong riders today, thanks for great company, and for the patience at times.

Things I've noticed upon bailing out early.
1. Many many cyclists along the Rt.11.
2. Many many kids glued to the very front window of the Tojo-line, where we usually place our bikes.

Anyways, enjoy the day everybody!

Back
Top Bottom