What's new

Ride SAT, May 24th - Musashi-Itsukaichi to Hadano

Chikako and I are coming over as well. I will probably ride out to Musashi-Itsukaichi station via the 179. Should be good to be back on the bike after three weeks.

Considering. Total climbing is likely less than 3,000m. It's a nice route as long as temperatures don't get too hot.

@saibot, you've probably got a backlog of videos by now, but the first descent from the highest point is pretty exciting. Be prepared!
Yeah, I've done the okutama descent a couple times before, so I'm more excited about yabitsu which I never done. The gopro will be charged for sure

Considering. Total climbing is likely less than 3,000m. It's a nice route as long as temperatures don't get too hot.
Just FYI, RWGPS has majorly redone their altitude algorithm for routing. It seems to be much more accurate now! I'd say it's highly likely we'll be over 3000m for this ride.

Just FYI, RWGPS has majorly redone their altitude algorithm for routing. It seems to be much more accurate now! I'd say it's highly likely we'll be over 3000m for this ride.

Yeah it seems pretty accurate, on our last ride it was pretty much spot on what it should have been. About time too, it was a bit of a joke really before. ANyway can't make the ride but it looks like fun so have a good one...

I'm in, although I will most probably loop back at some point and ride back to Hanno station. I'll also be riding out to the meeting point with @Aron B
Note to all- prepare to be dazzled by mine and @saibot 's new Rapha clothing.

OK. I'll start riding from my house around 7am. Hopefully I'll catch u at some point. Don't wait for me though.

Tobias, Chikako and I should arrive at Musashi Itsukaichi Station at 8:48am. Once we've assembled our bikes and raided the bakery, I'm estimating we should be hitting the road at about 9:10am give or take a few minutes. For anyone else training it out, we'll be at the front of the train on the Akigawa Holiday Rapid No. 1 that leaves Shinjuku Station at 7:44am. See everyone bright and early!

Was leaving my reply to the last minute in the hope that I can join, but unfortunately I've got too much on my plate tomorrow.

Have a good one guys. Hopefully @saibot won't have anyone ruining his immaculately-framed shots this time round. (Who was that idiot, anyway?)

Great day for a ride. The weather was just perfect. I met @Aron B and we rode down to Musashi-Itsukaichi. The ride down there was pretty quiet. We arrived pretty early which have us time to grab a few things from the conbini before the rabble arrived on the train.
We almost lost @saibot at one point due to his great sense of direction but luckily the smartphone lived up to its name and he was found safe and sound. Just after lunch I said goodbye to the group and headed off on my tod to double back and ride over to Hanno. I followed my route on the garmin and found that ridewithgps isn't very intelligent. It sent me down the steepest footpath I've ever seen. I had to almost burn my bum on the back tyre to stop myself from going over the bars. Won't be doing that path again. I made it up the 139 but my hip was giving me quite a bit of pain. Certainly wasn't my favourite climb. The ride back in to Hanno was pretty nice, mainly down the ome kaido.
Thanks everyone for the ride.
And now for a few pics.
u8uhebej.jpg
ynygyjy4.jpg
su4e8u5a.jpg
yhuzy8et.jpg

Sorry that most of them are of @saibot . He just can't stop hogging the camera.

Back
Top Bottom