What's new

Ride SAT, May 18th - Shiraishi, Kanna-ko, Honjo-eki

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
Another run out past Chichibu in search of peaceful climbs and rindos. Tobias is in and has demanded that we satiate his cravings for pizza, so we'll be having lunch at the famous pizza place just after the Sadamine-toge descent before pushing on.

INFO:
Meet Time: 6:30am
Meet Place: Family Mart (HERE)
Climbing: 2300-2700m
Distance: 170-180km
Route: HERE

See you Saturday morning!

pizza! :D

looking forward to it!

Btw, looks like we're getting a nice tailwind for a change

terror6.jpg

Hi Pete and Tobias,

I'll join you for the first half of the ride.
Since I hope to return home at around 13:00, I'll either head straight to Chichibu station after the Sadamine descent, or turn around and head back from Shiraishi (and catch a train somewhere if necessary).
See you Saturday morning.

Hi Pete and Tobias,

I'll join you for the first half of the ride.
Since I hope to return home at around 13:00, I'll either head straight to Chichibu station after the Sadamine descent, or turn around and head back from Shiraishi (and catch a train somewhere if necessary).
See you Saturday morning.

IMHO, probably the best ride with the best timing is to descend to Ogawamachi Station from Sadamine-toge.

I'll be there, just as long as OwenJames isn't ;)

Ouch! But lolz! :D

Beautiful and highly-recommendable course. The TCC community sure owes Pete a lot for all these wonderful outings he has been organizing and leading!
111s0wn.jpg
...this road runs along the south side of Lake Kanna mostly in mountain shade (hence slippery depending on the season/weather).

30j7l3c.jpg
typical view of the lake from the south side

1z5ri3b.jpg
impressive dam

6jd1mf.jpg
why I call this alternative pass connecting Saitama and Gunma "Yakyu-toge"

Back
Top Bottom