Ride Sat May 17, Sun May 18 Looking to join ride(s)

spike05

Cruising
Jan 17, 2012
Central Coast
Visiting Tokyo (Hachioji) from 14 to 18 May and keen to get in as much cycling (one every day?) as possible. Love hills/mountains, longer rides no problem. Prefer half fast rather than full tilt, ramen/green tea/coffee?? rather than gels. Am 53 (on advice from kiwisimon I should have said 63) and reasonably fit road bike rider. Previous riding experience in Japan limited to Yatsugatake and Ise-shima. Christian

cyclid

Warming-Up
May 1, 2014
Hi
Sorry to be hijacking this threat. I'm visiting Tokyo this weekend and I'm going to be there from the 9th to 13 May. I would love to be able to join some local Rides as well. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZeroFC

Cruising
Dec 20, 2013
I'm sure some other members can chime in but Hachioji should give you a great vantage point to hit Sagamiko and Yabitsu pass further south should you so be inclined. There was a recent thread on Yabitsu you can look through that'll give you slightly more information.

cyclid

Warming-Up
May 1, 2014
I'm sure some other members can chime in but Hachioji should give you a great vantage point to hit Sagamiko and Yabitsu pass further south should you so be inclined. There was a recent thread on Yabitsu you can look through that'll give you slightly more information.
Thanks. Heading there now.

Last edited:

spike05

Cruising
Jan 17, 2012
Central Coast
Thanks for that. Prefer to tag along with group/individual in the area - half-fast, osoi, no probs. Anyone heading out there during the week or weekend?
The more time spent in the saddle the better. Next stop will be the nether- lands of northern Germany, so need to enjoy the hills and passes while it last...

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
Tokyo (Nezu)
fudoushin.com
I''ll be doing a 140-170km ride next Saturday (17th) up the Arakawa and out into the mountains. I usually post on the Wednesday before the ride, but if I can decide on a route earlier, I'll try post it up sooner.