What's new

Ride SAT, May 11th - Jyomine, Tsuchizaka & Shigasaka-toge

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
Due to weather, Saturday's ride is cancelled and has been pushed to Sunday. See HERE for new thread.

Lots of climbing to be had on this one with some of my favorite descents thrown in to put the icing on the proverbial cake! Be aware that at the moment, the weather is looking a bit dodgy for Saturday, so if conditions necessitate we may push this to Sunday.

INFO:
Meet Time: 6:30am
Meet Place: Family Mart (HERE)
Climbing: 2400-2800m
Distance: 175-185km
Route: HERE

Hope to see you Saturday morning!

Yeah, in for this one. Have been resting up a bit and got over the anaesthetic problems. My arse is slightly better too.

OK for either Saturday or Sunday.

As ever, thanks for organising. You ist das man.

I can do Saturday but not Sunday this week. If the weather turns to cr4p I'll be staying put for the weekend.

I'm in. Fingers crossed for good weather on Saturday. I'll most probably be in on Sunday if the weather is cr@p on Saturday.
Looking forward to trying out my new fairmean bike bag too. No more rugby ball sized bag hanging off my frame and hitting my knee with every pedal stroke on the climbs.

I'll try to be there for this one too!
Me too, Saturday only - I can't do Sunday.

Pete and everyone,

I'm in for tomorrow, also won't be able to make it if it's postponed to Sunday.
Hope to see you tomorrow morning.

Looks like a fun ride, Hopefully the rain will stay away for you! I can't ride tomorrow but with gale force southerlies forecast I expect some up river KOMS from you guys!!

Seems like rain will come in in the afternoon. I probably will take the train in the morning, to maximize climbing before it gets wet.

- Sorry,
Norm

Yeah, weather is not looking great. Seems the west side of Japan is already getting rained on.

An early call, I know, but shifting this to Sunday would appear to deal with the weather problem completely, if the weather report is to be believed.

If it provides any hope, the local radar here makes it look like the rain has already arrived--but it isn't raining at all. False reflections off a certain kind of cloud would be my guess.

Sprinkles that start, and then stop, the ground is hardly wet enough to call wet.

Hi Pete. Looks like another great ride. BTW, on km 120.2 there is a water spring (Bishamon) for you to refill your empty bottles before the final ascend. It's right across a small bridge on the left hand side Enjoy the ride!

I didn't know about that spring, Bart, thank you! Your local Chichibu knowledge is always appreciated! What's your take on the weather out there tomorrow? What are you seeing?

Also, when are we going to see you again?

I didn't know about that spring, Bart, thank you! Your local Chichibu knowledge is always appreciated! What's your take on the weather out there tomorrow? What are you seeing?

Also, when are we going to see you again?

That spring is our water hole. We go there once a week to fill bottles that we later use for drinking water throught the week.

As for the weather, well... looks like rain, unfortunately. The forecast says 80% after noon, but you never know. Spring this year is so strange that anything is possible. Anyway, I hope you won't get too wet :)

Back
Top Bottom