What's new

Ride SAT, March 9th - Takashina & Sadamine

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
After a longer than intended break, I am back and excited to ride. This is my first mountainous ride of the year, so I'll be necessarily be taking it easy. OK... with that in mind, here is the plan:

We'll cycle up the Arakawa River to the first climb, Takashina-toge, then descend Sadamine-toge for a nice brick oven pizza. We'll then climb back up Sadamine and descend the other side to end at Ogawamachi Station for the train back to Tokyo. All climbs will be wait at the top (WATT).

At this point it looks like Tim Smith, Tobias and Owen are definitely joining.

INFO:
Meet Time: 8:00am
Meet Place: Family Mart (HERE)
Climbing: 1400-1600m
Distance: 105-120km
Route: HERE

Hope to see you Saturday morning!

LOL; see you at rte.16 as usual. :)

I will be there at 9.00am, and will wait for you to arrive. Cheers.

I'm in!

Glad to see the northern chapter up and running again!:D

I'll be at the space ship at 8:30

Just had a look on the map, and Ogawamachi station is decent, as I can take it to Kawagoe, then shoot across to Omiya.

Is this finally going to be a train ride home that doesn't leave me wanting to stab people?

Sweet! just hope my cold will ease off a little by then.. my head feels like a bowling ball right now… but hopefully I'm good to go on Sat.

Just don't look at your credit card bill. That will prevent your head hurting further (and also should keep your blood pressure under 180/120)

Probably time I stretched the legs too...

I'll do my best to be there.
However, I've got a thing on that evening, so I'll most likely skip lunch, and just head straight to the station.
Will be good to see you all again.

I am so wanting to join this but the last long ride I had with Tobias and Owen left my knees hurting. A week later I was snowboarding and this week a 60km ride to test the water has left me wondering if I can manage it or not.

Off out again tomorrow morning to make the final decision.

The pizza is the main draw:rolleyes:

I am so wanting to join this but the last long ride I had with Tobias and Owen left my knees hurting. A week later I was snowboarding and this week a 60km ride to test the water has left me wondering if I can manage it or not.

Off out again tomorrow morning to make the final decision.

The pizza is the main draw:rolleyes:

Just FYI, there are plenty of bailout options all along the way, if you decided to go, but then had a problem.

Naomi-san and I will ride with you until the 70km point then we will head off towards Ome.

AW.

I'd love to join the ride. I'll be riding up from the Westin at Meguro (about 1 hr away?). I see we are taking the train back, I assume they allow bike on the train on weekends?

yes, but you need a bag in order to take the front wheel off and cover the gears. I have seen friends buy plastic bags and tape in the convenience store and tape their bikes up with no problems.

Yeah, you will be fine with bin-bags and tape from a combini. Just make a job/show of bagging it all up and all will be good.

Or, just finish the ride, unclip from your bike and throw it under the next passing car. Get on the train, and order a whole new one on your phone on the way home. That is what we all do.

My knees were good today but I was reminded of work commitments the chance of this ride blinded me from so I can`t make it.

Next time.

tumblr_lq3pze9MxX1qko4x4o1_500.gif

Back
Top Bottom