Ride Sat Mar 7 Edogawa to Sekiyado and back

luka

Maximum Pace
Jan 13, 2015
looks like tomorrow is a much better day for riding than Sunday, and it might just be the last coldish day this season (so wanna stick to the flats).

not having been to Edogawa in who knows how long, I decided to head up to Sekiyado and back. will probably start from Arakawa (my place) around 8ish (some flexibility here). some headwind expected, and the wind might turn again for headwind both ways, according to some forecasts. it means fun!

comment below if you're interested in joining, to work out a time and place. it should be about 100km total, all flat. no sit down lunch, but a convini stop on Edogawa, and vending machines (with ice cream too) at sekiyado. social decisively MAMIL pace

luka

Maximum Pace
Jan 13, 2015
see here the basic outline of what I have in mind, and let me know by 10 pm tonight if interested

Kangaeroo

Maximum Pace
Jan 24, 2018
This is really, really enticing, especially at MAMIL pace (all I can do, actually)....I think I will join.
Be gentle!

luka

Maximum Pace
Jan 13, 2015
sure thing mate, we can rotate into the headwind. again, I'm recovering from a knee issue, plus I've kinda burned the legs with squats and other exercises. where would be a good spot to meet do you reckon?

Kangaeroo

Maximum Pace
Jan 24, 2018
sure thing mate, we can rotate into the headwind. again, I'm recovering from a knee issue, plus I've kinda burned the legs with squats and other exercises. where would be a good spot to meet do you reckon?
You are a brave man to ride downwind of me! :)
Is Sakura Shinden Park a good place for you? (That was the address I used to calculate the starting point on your map). Alternatively, if you give me an address/landmark, I will go there as I have absolutely no knowledge of your area and I can just chuck an address in the navi and get there.

luka

Maximum Pace
Jan 13, 2015
as long as there's no liquid spills, I am fine with exhaust gasses, no worries ;)

that park might be OK, but in hope someone else might join, how about meeting at Kohoku bridge (江北橋), on the corner pictured below. if you've ever taken HFC Arakawa loop rides, this is where they hit Arakawa? g maps pin here Let me know if that works? I believe it should be more recognizable and accessible

1583484790429.png

luka

Maximum Pace
Jan 13, 2015
for anyone wanting to join, I'll be at Kohoku bridge, leaving at 8:30. any intermediate rider who's done a 100 km ride before and can handle their own navigation, puncture repair and similar basics, is more than welcome. pretty sleepy already at 7:30. it's either a bad sign, or I'll have a full night's sleep and be totally recharged tmr morn (but might not be able to reply any more)

luka

Maximum Pace
Jan 13, 2015
great day out on the bike with @Kangaeroo . I got 140km in the end, he close to 180. it started pretty damp, with drizzle getting the road wet, my dry lube all over the place, and I was thinking if we'll be able to complete the ride. thankfully it cleared in about an hour, and I'm glad we stuck to it. on the return leg, we visited the legendary Matsudo 7-11, stocked with foreign chocolate like an airport duty free shop:

1583571696250.png

their workhorse bike has seen better days:

1583571605909.png

right, pretty tired now. off to have a dinner or three, and relax for the rest of the evening. probably hitting the sack again at 7:30 haha

Kangaeroo

Maximum Pace
Jan 24, 2018
Really awesome day, @luka ! Thanks for arranging it and riding at my pace. And thanks for your cycling nous! I was really fascinated listening to you.
I'm slowly making my way through the list of rides with TCC members. Thanks guys for the social rides. I really feel blessed to be surrounded by a top bunch of (mostly) blokes.

Reactions: luka